[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Well done, then," congratulates Larissa, raising her wine cup to the others at the table. "But I had no idea there was so much...corruption on the streets of this city. Demons, evil priestesses...Is this the true Venza?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel thinks about it for a moment before replying. Then she shrugs and answers, "I cannot say for sure. Recently I did help deal with some walking dead that escaped from some crypts."

"There was a drug problem with a beggar that was not what he appeared to be."

"I visited Tritower, and they have their own problems with corrupt and incompetent officials. At least Venza's Whitecloaks are honorable and capable, just appear to be over worked."

"This business with an evil priestess was hardly an epidemic of chaos. She was working under the guise of a legitimate business."

"But, I have heard tale of that fiend woman that flies around from some. She is hardly in the open, hiding out in some abandoned cathedral as I heard it. Same with this barghest that was captured. It would appear these forces of evil are hiding amongst us."

"Hmmm, perhaps we should go see Father Kedric to see if he has learned more."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel takes a sip from her fruit juice and nods, "Yes, Father Kedric is such a priest. There are several paladins around the chapter house as well. From my interactions, I believe him ot be a just and honorable man."

"We can go see him shortly."

OOC: I was considering to run a one-shot. Might be tough with only one player though, even with Ariel along. But, no one else is RPing.

3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Ariel Esimae

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

Yo cannot help but listen in to the conversation going on at a table a dozen or so feet away from him while he nurses his brew. With talk of an evil priestess and the need for assistance, his attention is perked up. Grabbing his ale, he scoots off the bar stool and strolls over to where Ariel is sitting.

"It sounds like you may be in need of some help. It's been too quiet in here lately, do you mind if I tag along?" While he looks around at everyone at the table, he primarily addresses the lovely cleric.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I'd be in too if you'll have me. I didn't introduce my characters earlier do see who I might need to bring in first.

Have a 4th lvl fighter (sword & board)
A 3rd lvl crossbowman and a 2nd lvl cleric of Helerion.

Let me know, who I should have walk in.

HM[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel looks up as the short man, still taller than her though, approaches. She notes his foreign looking features and wonders if he is also a visitor to Venza. He doesn't look very impressive in a simple brown robe and a backpack.

The warmaiden looks to Pari and Larissa, noticing there are no signs of recognition on their expressions. Unsure what the man is thinking, Ariel did not think she was playing the part of a damsel in distress, she asks, "Help with what? Are you a scholar?"

[sblock=OOC]Deisenhut, my last post was not a call to arms recruitment. It was something I am willing to do to reward those who choose to role-play in the DWI while they wait instead of just parking their characters on a barstool. ;) You are welcome to come along if you can justify it in role-playing.

Holyman, the 4th level fighter would be best since we are talking a pretty tough 5th level APL encounter. Bring him into the DWI and role-play your way in. :p[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2

Ariel Esimae

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas Shieldheart (human male, fighter 4)

No one really notices the door to the Dunn Wright opening, because of the ever present comings and goings of the people that frequent the "colorful" inn.

So Markas reenters after what seems a life time ago, without much notice. He makes his way quietly to a corner table and drops his pack to the floor then grimaces at the loud noise it makes in the otherwise empty bar.

"Sorry," he says to a few of the patrons.

He then slips a sword belt over his head to place the blade that was on his back on the table before him. A second blade rests at his hip, a board dagger balancing it on the other side of his belt. His tabard holds no special device, only a gold sunburst on the white cloth.

He rests his large kite shield against the wall and takes a seat. The leather straps creak as the plates clank against one another, once more causing most of the eyes in the tavern to turn towards him.

Markas just gives the patrons a sheepish grin and a shrug, as way of apology.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

Yo ponders the question for a second or two before replying, "Yes, in a way you could say so. Can I join you?" Without waiting for a reply, he sits down at the table, sitting his ale on the table before him, and continues addressing Ariel. "Sorry for interrupting, but I overheard you mention something about an evil priestess in town and going to see a paladin to help with this issue. Did I not hear correctly?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel doesn't object as the monk takes a seat, a welcoming smile.

The warmaiden replies to his second question, "We did indeed mention a vanquished priestess. Pari, I, and a few other companions have already dealt with her. She is in the Whitecloaks' custody now. "

"I am Ariel Esimae, Warmaiden of Helina, Goddess of Justice and fiery retribution. By what name are you called?"

Ariel Esimae

Remove ads