[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

"No trouble sir, excuse me." Ioseph says to the back of the armor plated warrior as the man hurried by.

He watched from the doorway for just a moment before entering the inn and looking for a table.

Tired from his long journey he takes out a handkerchief and wipes the sweat from the top of his shaved head. The over-sized warhammer that was on his back he takes and sits beside him before taking a seat.

Seeing the gnome at the bar brings a small grin to his stern features as he remembers the last time he was here.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Orion finds Marla and calls her with a raised hand. "I'll have an ale and some of that stew I ca..." His attention stolen for just a moment as he hears the clash of metal on metal. But to his relief it was merely two adventuters crashing into one another.

"What's wrong?" Marla asks.

"Nothing." He says as he returns his attention from the bald man that sits not to far from him now. "Stew. I'll take some stew as well" He glances back to the bald man for just a moment. "Bring him an ale as well, on me." With a nod and a smile Marla leaves to fetch the items.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Surprised Ioseph gives a nod of thanks. "You are most generous stranger."

Noticing the silver hair and unnaturally blue eyes he takes a moment to consider his next words. "I'm sorry to stare, but you have a most peculiar look about you. Might I inquire your name and where your from, good sir?"

[sblock=OOC]If Orion looks he will see the wooden holy symbol of Helerion around Ioseph's neck with no trouble.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"While I admire your ability to make an entrance, good sir, I would suggest that perhaps others may not appreciate it as much, and it would probably be best to save such performances for the stage." The gnome grins as his own dinner as arrived, and he digs into it with gusto.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Almost surprised he returns the nod. "It's a hot day and you looked as if you could use one." As he finishes he notices the wooden symbol of Helerion around his neck.

Orion faces the man with a look of understanding. "I've received these same stares since I was a child. Nothing to be sorry about as everyone is curious at times." He takes a draw from his ale before continuing on. "I am from Venza proper. Raised in one of Cortesia's temples not to far from here. Also I'm sure your aware of my origins, being a follower of Helerion." Orion shifts slightly so that the wooden holy symbol of Cortesia can be seen tied and wrapped around his upper right arm. "And if I did not mention I was a Whitecloak for the last several years but her will guides me to help those in Venza's realm. That is why I'm here seeking work."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Larson entered the inn, drawn by the sounds of camaraderie drifting from the door. He had been so long on the road that the idea of sharing companionship struck him as mighty fine. And yet the people of this land were so different from his own home of Tal Hallow.

He removed the badger shaped helm from his head revealing his unruly red-gold beard. He stretched, he had been long in the saddle this day and made his way to the bar to survey the room. He was mildly surprised to see another gnome in the place, though he had marked more than a few in the city at large.

He grinned as he spoke to the bartender. Something local and stout goodman. His voice was full of the vigor of youth and his emerald eyes showed a good humor. It had been a long journey, but a pleasant one. The only shadow on the endeavor was the lightness of his coin purse. If the Badger wanted him to preform good works here in this strange city, he'd need to find a source of funding for sure.

Taking the rather larger than expected tankard of ale with him, he approached the other gnome. Larson couldn't be sure where this fellow hailed from, and decided that common would be the safest approach.

Good day to you sir, He offered his hand for a shake. I beg forgiveness for my intrusion into your privacy but I was hoping that you might be able to point me in the direction of a temple to Ral, should such a thing exist here.

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Larson_Starwater_(CoreyL)

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Elliman considers for a second, before replying in the dialect of Landadel common to the southern reaches that encompass Tal Hallow. "Hmm, if you seek the badger, the gnome district would be the place to look. There wasn't one there last time I was in town, but it's been a while since I've gotten up this way, so it'd be worth checking."

CoreyL

First Post

I thank you kind sir. He responds in his native dialect before continuing on in the common tongue. It would not surprise me to not find one, the servants of the wandering moon can find it difficult to settle in distant lands.

At the risk of seeming presumptuous, Larson takes a seat near the other. My name is Larson Starwater, and I am newly arrived in Venza. The few folks with whom I conversed along the way all pointed to this establishment as a place where a gentleman well acquainted at deeds of arms might find employment.

He took a sip of the Venzan stout, it was very fine indeed. Have I been led to the correct place?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

[sblock=OOC]
"While I admire your ability to make an entrance, good sir, I would suggest that perhaps others may not appreciate it as much, and it would probably be best to save such performances for the stage." The gnome grins as his own dinner as arrived, and he digs into it with gusto.

Sorry sunshadow21 I think I missed this the first time I read through. It was meant for Ioseph I think now that I re-read it. Again sorry.[/sblock]

Ioseph watches the two gnomes and looks oddly at the badger helm and armored gnome."Seems we are not the only ones looking to do some good work," he says to Orion with a nod to the other two as they talk. "I am Iospeh Vors acolyte of Helerion yes. I wish to serve both my noble god and the people of Venza." he looks doubtful for a moment before continuing.

"I'm just not sure as to exacty go about it. An older priest of my order gave me this," he says patting the over-sized warhammer leaning against the table. "And told me to go out and help others defeat evil wherever it can be found." Looking thoughtful he adds, "But you said you were a Whitecloak once. Surely that organization is a fine way to combat evil. Why ever did you leave?"

[sblock=Badger Knight]
Badger_Knight.jpg
[/sblock]​

Last edited:

CoreyL

First Post

Larson noticed the other the other two patrons, and turned his smile in turn towards them. A good day to you, noble gents. He lifted his tankard, easier now because it was half empty, and nodded. It was a sign of providence that he should come so quickly into the company of such men as this.

It is a pity that we should not find ourselves much to the south, for in my homeland there is no end of work for one with such a tool as yon bloody great hammer. The mirth in his voice was tinged with no little bit of awe, he wasn't sure which was the taller, himself or the hammer.

[sblock=OOC]Man, I saw so many pictures of badger knights, but I couldn't find any fantasy armor fashioned to resemble an actual badger.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads