[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Orion places a hand on Larson's shoulder. "No worries young Badger Knight. Maybe we'll get hired on for the same job and we can learn more about one another's respective deity, since I know very little of Ral."

He then turns to Ioseph who's glareing at the half-orc's many spears and with a nod he lets the cleric know he has noticed as well. "At least he's on our side." He says with a shrug.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

Ioseph nods to the Orion's words and then listens to Bipper ask about finding employment.

"I'm not sure it's wise to use up your whole vocabulary in one sentence." Ioseph says with a small grin. "Some people might think you a charlatan for certain."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Ooh, I could try that... oh, wait, scratch that, the last time I tried, I only knew five languages, and still put the audience to sleep after the first 5 minutes. That would definitely not work now that I've more than quadrupled my languages known." Elliman is talking to himself as he is to anyone else as you see his face light up only to dim on the realization that it's a bad idea.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Ioseph nods to the Orion's words and then listens to Bipper ask about finding employment.

"I'm not sure it's wise to use up your whole vocabulary in one sentence." Ioseph says with a small grin. "Some people might think you a charlatan for certain."
Bipper grins back in a way good-natured way at being "caught" messing with people, and continues to imbibe and observe the room while the gnome chatters on.

He finally notices the shadowy someone (his eyes aren't so great), but is unable to make out the details. He arches an eyebrow inquisitively at Ioseph.

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Larson felt uplifted by Orion's words, he'd been worried at first that the asimar might be the sort of man to value his own deity so aggressively that there might be no room in his head or heart for any other. Indeed sir, it would be more than passing fair to perform a deed of arms along side you and your bright lady.

Larson's cheerful face lit with delight when the half-orc introduced himself. Goodman Bippin, it would appear that your mastery of my language is very fine indeed. It is in point of fact nearly lyrical.

He chuckled as Elliman descended into a spiral of muttering self consideration. It was a trait common to his people who tended to be passionate about their interests. He said a prayer of thanks to Ral for bringing him to this place, for surely it was just what his battered spirit needed.

toasterferret

Explorer
The atmosphere of the tavern is momentarily startled as the door, creaks open and a figure stumbles through.

With a dress in tatters, and blood running freely from several deep gashes across her arms and legs and face, Anna takes but two steps into the tavern proper before falling forward, striking a table and landing on the floor, the blood beginning to pool...

She manages a strangled groan before falling unconscious.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the absence all, I got slammed by my last semester and having to work full time, and hardly had time to sleep let alone post on the forums. Luckily that's all over with and I once again have the time to dedicate to a game. :) [/sblock]

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Larson looked up in alarm as the young human woman staggered in upon their merry scene. He leaped to his feet and bounded for the door. He briefly considered stopping to check on the woman, but discarded the idea. There was not much that he could do for her, he'd not learned the trick of battlefield medicine while on his various campaigns, and Ioseph would almost certainly be better equipped to offer her aide.

Instead he pulled the two handed ax from it's hook on his back and slipped the badger helm onto his head and dropped it's visor. He put his body between that of the young woman and the door to the inn. Should anyone try to pursue her they would find a most gleefully willing combatant waiting to take up her cause.

Come Orion! Perchance we will take up arms together presently.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Bipper raised his eyebrow again. He couldn't really move the right one, so he always raised the left one. For a brief second he debated rushing to her aid or even joining the defense force at the tavern door. On second thought, she opened the door and entered on her own two legs. If anything's behind her, it's not CLOSE behind her. My clumsy field dressings are as likely to harm as hurt.

His hand returned to his glass... but if a cry of "someone get a medic!" or "demon goats are attacking!" went up, he resolved to be "someone" and not a watcher.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

Ioseph moves to Anna's side knocking over a bar stool and pushing aside a table in the approach.

He kneels ignoring the blood that starts to soak into his robes. After a quick glance at the wounds he lays a hand on her head and starts to pray.

The yellow glow of divine power comes form under his hand and lights up Anna's pale face. Her breathing eases as the glow fades and most of the wounds heal over, leaving only a few that are scabbed, but not bleeding.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna's chest heaves as she sucks in a sharp breath, suddenly regaining consciousness. Her reddish-brown eyes flash about in shock momentarily before settling on those of Ioseph.

With a groan she sits up and addresses the cleric and the startled occupants of the room.

"My thanks..."

Seeing Larson peering out the door, she quickly continues...

"The threat is past. I was grabbed by hired blades on my way back here. They overwhelmed me and took me somewhere, I couldn't tell where. Luckily for me their employer was remiss in telling them, or was uninformed himself, about my abilities."

A flash of emotion crosses her face, her eyes burning as her brow furrows slightly.

"I did manage to grab this however..." she says, holding up a crinkled piece of parchment. "I believe it is a missive from their employer, and with any luck can help me track down whoever is responsible for my capture."

She looks again at Ioseph "I am in your debt friend. My name is Anna Belacqua, if there is anything within my power to grant you please but ask and it will be yours."

[sblock=OOC] I am considering putting together an adventure proposal to investigate further Anna's kidnapping. Who do we have floating around and what levels do we need an adventure for? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads