[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===

Ru catches the young woman somewhat off-guard, as if she hadn't planned on being directly addressed. She smiles, saying, "Oh... not that I play too close to the vest. Rather, perhaps, a few too many years of 'children should be seen and not heard' and 'don't speak unless spoken to'. In any case, I am Charity; pleased to meet you."

The appearance of the darkwolf and the disembodied voice, however, comes as a genuine surprise to Charity. Recovering, there is an obvious bit of fascination as she studies the creature, a smirk crossing her face slowly. "Now that would depend on what a darkwolf would have to drink in such an establishment, wouldn't it?" She doesn't cringe away, but doesn't lean towards the animal, either.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien had been back in Venza for a few days now, mostly shopping for clothes. But shopping could only occupy her so long before she felt the need for some ale and stimulating conversation.

The archeress still had her finely crafted boots and the magical cloak, so she was only wearing her newly purchased jingasa upon her head. It was not a very good fashion statement, but then the half-elven girl was not really wearing color coordinated clothing anyway.

Tyrien had not seen much of her latest companions since they returned from that near fiasco for the paladins of Helerion, but she thought there might be an off chance Agno or Larissa would be at the adventurer's tavern.

She entered the tap room and looked around.

Not seeing anyone she recognized, Tyrien ordered a small keg of ale from Grog the bar-tending half-orc. After it arrived, she lugged the heavy thing to a small round table recently vacated.

Talking to anyone nearby... or maybe herself, she says, "This had better be more tasty than the last apple mead those halflings made."

jkason

First Post
"A pleasure," Ru says to Charity with an easy bowing of his head.

Then he raises an amuses eyebrow as Charity has her first encounter with Boots. Having witnessed the eidolon's exchange with Vincenzo, it's not entirely surprising. Rather than spoil the fun, though, he settles back to see how the newcomer handles the darkwolf's unique form of begging.

As he waits, he notices the gaudily-dressed half-elf enter. Usually he would assume garishness of dress an indicator of inexperience, but something about the way the woman carried herself spoke just the opposite.

"I don't know that I've had halfling spirits, myself," he offers. "I don't imagine they're very strong though, given the tiny bodies they fill? You can call me Ru, by the way."

Systole

First Post
The tiefling barmaid who has been watching the exchange snorts. "That's Boots. He's always around, begging for beer. You probably shouldn't give him any, though. poor thing needs a diet. I mean, look at how chubby he's getting."

"What!?" the darkwolf exclaims. "I'm not getting chubby! I'm lean and svelte and well-muscled! And this is my winter coat! And I'm big-boned!"

The tiefling grins at him. "Gotcha," she says in a rather mocking tone.

Boots looks around and realizes that everyone is staring at him. "Oh ... furballs," he says.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 46/46
CMB: +7 CMD: 22
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7Will: +5 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +10, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+8, 1d4+5, 19-20x2) & Longbow (+10/+10 or +12, 1d8+5, 19-20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/2

Boots

AC:
25 (22 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (28 vs. trip)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8Will: +2 (+6 vs. enchantment)
Perception: +9, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+9/+9/+9, 1d6+9, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack
Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer

Charity gives a thankful nod to the barmaid before turning to the darkwolf. "Boots, is it? Pleased to meet you." Charity resumes watching people, listening, and generally enjoying the atmosphere. Once she has her drink about half finished, she non-chalantly sets it on the floor next to her table.

Systole

First Post
"Yay! Thank you, nice lady!" Boots says as Charity lowers the glass to the floor. He immediately sticks his muzzle into the glass and slurps down the contents in seconds, then spends a minute licking the glass just to make sure he didn't miss any. Eventually he sits back, licking his chops. "Ahh ... so good. I think that makes you my bestest friend. Right along with Vincenzo. And Maui. And Iago and Agno and Denizel," he says, "And the boss, of course, but she doesn't count, really. I guess that's a lot of bestest friends, but you can be my newest bestest friend. Anyway, I'm Boots! Do you like my name? I chose it myself! What's your name?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+8, 1d4+5, 19-20x2) & Longbow (+10/+10 or +12, 1d8+5, 19-20x3)

Boots

AC:
Initiative:
+3
Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer

Charity didn't seem to expect such a fuss to be made of half a beer, but then sits back and smiles as the darkwolf expresses his appreciation. Setting the mug back up on the table, she says, "Boots fits you; it's a good name. Mine is Charity. Although I am not self named, it was chosen for me."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien looks over at the one that spoke, seeing the dark haired man with tanned skin. Another lightly armored adventurer from the looks of him.

"Hmmm? Oh, I dunno. They can drink themselves silly pretty quick for sure. But stone weight for stone weight, they can hold their own. But this apple mead is down right dangerous if you catch my meaning."

"Tastes like apple juice mixed with apple cider, but if you start drinking it like juice it will kick your arse quick enough. Here, Ru. Try some."

The half-elven lass pours them both a mug full of the mead from the little keg.

"I am Tyrien by the way. And..."
She looks at the magical looking wolf-like creature and pauses. She is familiar with eidolons and guesses that it is one. However, that is not what causes her pause. It was one of the names it said.

Tyrien calls over to Boots, "Hold on a moment. Did you say 'Agno'? I know a tengu that goes by that name. You say you count him amongst your friends? That is good, he is a friend of mine as well."

jkason

First Post
Ru raises an eyebrow as the lithe half-elf reveals what seems might be a history of hard drinking. He lets little else show by way of reaction, however. Seeing that Charity has made a new friend and appears to be properly entertained, he makes his way to Tyrien and the bit of apple mead she has poured out for him. He's leery to let himself fall into his cups, as that's so often the best way to let loose one's secrets.

He's relieved, then when Tyrien's attention is drawn to the eidolon.

"Tengu?" Ru asks, himself intrigued. "I've not seen many of that lot in Venza. This inn does get all sorts, doesn't it?"

Systole

First Post
Frowning, the painted elf makes her way to the bar and begins speaking to Tyrien as if she had been part of the conversation all along. "We traveled with Agno for some time. He was ... competent. Unlike others we have known." He gaze drifts to the swordsman and the wildman in the corner before turning back to Tyrien. "We would work with the tengu again, if he were available. Will he be returning to the Inn?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim

Boots

AC:
Initiative:
+3
Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Remove ads