[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Songdragon

Explorer
"Merry meet Peri!" the small gnomish woman says happily. "I would have not expected to see a fellow countryman this far from home. If I believed in coincidences I would say this is one. Since I do not, I see that the two of us meeting as," she thinks on it a moment and comes up with merely, "More."

She looks over to human clad in leathers and lifts her mug in salute and says to Peri, "It would look like we are to be the talk of the town soon." She winks at the fellow gnome.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Indeed, Lady Zelena, we may be. After the trouble our poor land has seen increasing our presence in the 'Outside' will be no bad thing, I think."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Ho, look at that. Another gnome. You can't walk two paces in this city without stepping on some puddle-jumping halfling. But you don't see gnomes every day and here I've seen two."

"Honestly, I lead a pretty sheltered existence before I decided to leave home, so just about anyone who isn't a farmhand or a preacher is new to me," the young man admits.

Fury drinks a bit of wine. "So, Nathan, you said you were looking for work? What are you looking for? If you were the laboring sort I doubt you'd be in here. So, what gives?"

Nathan laughs and sips some more of his wind. "True enough. I did my fair share of labor, and I daresay I don't need any more of it. Nah, turns out my long lost Da gave me more than these rugged good looks," he says.

He opens his palm face up and whispers, "What say we show the man, eh mates?" From the tips of each of Nathan's four fingers, small globes of light spring, then spin and whirl around his hand, then in front of Fury, tracing swift patterns in the air before landing back in Nathan's palm and--with a flip of the young man's wrist--disappearing.

"Got a couple other tricks, too, figured might come in handy for the right folk. And if not, at least I left switch-happy Granddad in the dust, eh? How about you?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury pales as the dweomer-lights conjured by Nathan dance their intricate patterns before him. He smiles a tight-lipped smile clearly trying to put a brave face on. "Ah, one of those sorts," he says with a wiggle of fingers in crude imitation of spellcasting. "I'm sure you'll find well-paying work soon with skills like those."

Fury considers Nathan's question concerning his own background for a moment before answering and when he does his voice is quieter than before. "I grew up in Planks district, if that tells you anything. If not, it's one of the finest sights the city has to offer: buildings broken down by rot and mold sinking into muck, water black and stinking with sewage and dead fish and worse, filled with bravos and whores and anyone who doesn't have the strength to claw their way to anywhere else." He coughs, embarrassed at having unintentionally revealed so much, and clutches his glass like a shield.

"I guess, like you, I'm trying to leave the past and make a new future." He gulps the last of his wine then taps the bar for a refill. When it comes he holds his glass up, "To new futures!"

jkason

First Post

"I guess, like you, I'm trying to leave the past and make a new future." He gulps the last of his wine then taps the bar for a refill. When it comes he holds his glass up, "To new futures!"

Nathan gives his new companion a sympathetic look as he reveals his own troubled past, then raises a glass with him. "To new futures, indeed."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Ta-Am-Ath (Human Monk)

Ta looks ups seemingly to see the half-orc the first time. His skin tones similar, but more 'natural' than that of the half-orc. "May I join you? Ypo seem to have knowledge in thinks I am interested in."

The half-orc smiles, in his distant, beneficent manner. "Please, do come and join us. My name is Kanli."

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath (Human Monk)

The half-orc smiles, in his distant, beneficent manner. "Please, do come and join us. My name is Kanli."

'My name is Ta-Am-Ath, but you can call me Ta." Ta says as he comes to their table. "I heard people in this tavern often got hired for certain problems..."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli nods. "And you would wish to apply that form of yours to such activities? That is good. We have shaped our forms in different, unique ways."

The half-orc lifts his tankard, takes a swig, and lets go. The mug hangs in the air, bits of foam floating about it.

"We should look to form a clan, create a new family. Then shall we bend this world to a form more pleasing, create a form that is worth much, a mirror to our dreams."

jkason

First Post

The half-orc lifts his tankard, takes a swig, and lets go. The mug hangs in the air, bits of foam floating about it.

Nathan grins as he notices the floating tankard. He gives Fury a good-natured elbow to get his attention and point out the feat.

"Looks like I might have competition," he says. "I don't know that trick. Though I do know one good for cleaning up the mess if he loses his grip and spills."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari's quick eye catches both the human's finger flames and the half-orc's floating tankard, and he nudges his companion with an elbow.

"Magic, and a pretty casual display of it at that. Some people just have no . . . restraint!"

The little fellow's eyes twinkle and the delight written plain on his brown face gives the lie to his apparent meaning. He continues to watch the show in fascination.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases