[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago frowns, thinking ruefully of his own experience with Grog's, "Gud Stuff." "I think Grog gets bored, and has a sick sense of humor," he observes quietly.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Clearly oblivious to the change in Grog's demeanor, the man sighs in relief when the bartender agreed to the coin. "Thanks, ser. Work has been slow in coming, and I'd hate to report back to Master Martin a failure on my first foray away from him."

"You know, he did always say I should stop being so obvious in looking at folks, or they'd be too suspicious of me to offer me work. Wish I know what he'd be talking about," the man shrugs helplessly.

As he takes up the mug, he pauses. "How rude of me, I haven't introduced myself. Name's Wilmorn. Wilmorn of Oakhaven."

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
The grizzled bartender nods as Wilmorn introduces himself. "I be Grog," he begins, "Zitteraux is da chef, and Marla helps me wit da booze. Careful wit yer gold, I get dat. Nuttin wrong dere." With that, he turns and walks to the kitchen, announcing to some unseen figure behind a swinging door that he needs a 'special'. Some sort of muffled banter is returned, highly accented in the style of the outer baronies. He pitches a couple coins into the till and returns with a mug of ale. "Yer drink, Wilmorn of Oakhrn… hmm… Oaktavin. Mmmm, no. Wilmorn, then. Only Wilmorn I know, so it good," he scratches his chin before continuing. "Food in just a bit."

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, Human Male

As if reminded by Grog's mannerism, Wilmorn scratches irritably at the scraggly beard. The weary boy of a man falls into thought while staring into the mug. After an uncomfortably long moment, he looks up and takes a big swig of the ale, and nearly chocks on it in the process.

"Er, so, how's business these days? Do you get many travelers coming through here?"

Aura

Explorer
Grog the Bartender
The bartender nods. "Yup. All kinds, an local ones too. Da gud fighters here, so jobs here. Jobs here, so de gud ones come back," he explains, then thinks a moment. "Gud tips fer Grog. Time ta git food, be back." With that, he goes to fetch the dinner for Wilmorn.

omnitricks

First Post
Door slams open with much enthuiasm as it was none other than the tengu, Paskell. Back after a long absence from the adventuring scene right until he ran out of money he has been using to loaf around. Heading up the the bar he asked "so are there any job listings lately or is the city just as boring as it always has been?"

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Nodding to Iago, a young woman wearing a simple tunic with religious symbolism takes a moment to scan the room. Green eyes settle upon Grog for a while as he speaks, but dart to the door when it swings open and a tengu announces his return. "Nothing so far tonight," Charity begins, addressing Paskell's question, "But I've not spent more than a few nights here without finding something to do, so the employers still come here, to be sure. The seasoned adventurers are away, so the rest of us are left to our own devices. And I think this guy," she gestures to Wilmorn, sitting at a table, "Might be looking for his first job--may he get a good one, of course."

[sblock=Welcome Back to LPF]Perhaps we'll be in a game together, Omnitricks.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha, the Hunter

Siddhartha walks into the tavern, purposely failing to make eye contact with any of its inhabitants. He sits down at the bar, and politely taps on the counter a few times to signal the bartender. Without looking up, he quietly utters under his breath "Water please."

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, Human Male

Wilmorn studied the tengu with great interest, being a little too obvious with his attention before hearing the young woman's words. Realizing the conversation turned to him, Wilmorn coughs and responds. "Ah, yes. I was hoping to find someone here who needs my skills. May good work find us all." He takes a careful swig of the ale. "Did you say it's been more than a few..."

The sound of the door catches his attention, and his eyes follow the newcomer as the man makes his way to the bar.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
With Wilmorn's voice cut off by the arrival of yet another newcomer, Charity cocks her head and watches the big man as he orders at the bar before responding. "Well, it's been a few nights for me so far, but I spend a lot of time working down at the Cathedral of Glass as a guard. Or a greeter, in the last week, anyway." She stops and muses, "Hunh. Odd they ask that of me."

Changing the subject, the young Venzan continues, "The first job I got here at the Dunn Wright Inn was hunting oversize rats. Bigger than the ones in the gutters, though." She chuckles, "Wasn't glamorous, but it helped that poor guy with the wine cellar, so that was alright."

Remove ads