D&D 4th Edition Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

The Hanged Man Inn is notorious for attracting adventurers from all over the world, and many a tale told starts with an anxious employer entering the rowdy common room of that establishment. The best known inn in town it has not one but two "authentic Old Vic skins" decorating its walls.

The Hanged Man Inn contains a portal to the Drowned Man, a tavern on Bacarte. It functions much the same way save that the Hanged Man charges significantly more for the three drinks required to get through the portal reliably.

It is common practice for those that visit the Hanged Man to introduce themselves, even if it is not their true name. The bouncers like to know the name of who they may have to rough up later.

The debauchery, gluttony, camaraderie, butchery, reverie, litany, continues....

Last edited by L4W Facilitator; Monday, 28th June, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod

Friend+
    My communities:

OOC
    I think we should included in the description all the trophies the PCs have hung here in the description, me thinks. Here or on the wiki.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore renau1g

Friend+
    My communities:

ooc

That would be good. I don't have time to look back over the threads, but I believe that the Crimelord crew brought back a Black Dragon Wyrmling's head

If anyone wants to post with what they've killed/hung up, I can update.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore pacdidj

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    Either the warforged didn't wanted to pay for an un-requested service, or didn't know what were crowns. "Of those I have none." he states, his head looks down at the woman's hand, making a "griiiik" noise as it went, and stayed there, staring at it blankly.
    Auntie Mab frowns momentarily withdrawing her expectant hand, but then re-plasters her saccharine smile back on. "Well, that's alright dearie. This one's on the house. But be sure to come back and see Auntie Mab for all your fortune-telling, soothsaying, and prestidigatory needs!," she says in her best business-bolstering tone of voice. Then, somewhat more glumly, "Sure could use the money what with my poor neffy Yenros and all his hospital bills."

She sips her tea disconsolately, and absent-mindedly pets the rat, who graciously and stoically puts up with this unsolicited, nervous affection.
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

"Aye, I've asked t'earth 'bout the symbol. It kin only tell me so much. It got me this far, but it canna help me go no further. I be thinkin' if I get close on somet'in' maybe it be able to give more uf a nudge. This symbol was branded on the orcs that kill'd m'family," she answered the warforged.

At the last sentence you can see a deep sadness cross over her face and tears almost begin to flow as she continues. "They kill'd my man and my boy. They kill'd many fine warriors and other childr'n."

Now her voice and her face change. A hard rage sets in to replace the sadness. "I'll make 'em pay fer it. Pay fer it hard. I just gots t'find 'em first and then they'll wish they niv'r saw m'mountain ner heard of it."

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Ozymandias79

Friend+
    My communities:

Trophies
    there are a young red dragon head/skull that the crew from the god forge had killed and stuffed, hanging high on the wall behind the bar disk

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore kristoaster

Friend+
    "He owed money, I assume", Dante replies to Papolstaanus, finally waking from a fatigued stupor.

The swordmaster looks around the inn and says in a low voice, "I'd not been in here before, actually, but a fight looked better than the food." It is plain the githzerai is not impressed by the presence of an Aboleth, even if it is only an overcooked organ from one.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Darksteed

Friend+
    *Kauldrons ears perk up as he hears the man's tales. Idly yawning in his chair he shrugs to himself. Then Plants the chair back down upon all four of it's legs. Hopping back down upon the ground with a clank as his heavy armor rattles. Wondering over to the man in the top hat. He looks up at him.*

Hmmm...So you folks need a bit O'elp do yee. By the grace of my god I believe I can aid you in this. Though I do have a question for yee. Does your hovel have a tavern and some fine lasses?

*He grins under hsi masked helm as another bellow of smoke surround him.*
    Kauldron (Goblin Paladin 8), Hunzu (Shardmind Mage 3), Cyrus (Khan Executioner 3)

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Mogwaimon

Friend+
    Rolf turns to Mikara, about to shoot off a retort when the farmer comes in. Rolf, hearing mention of coin, restrains himself from replying to the woman to listen in. When the farmer finishes explaining about the disappearing cows, Rolf sighs and mutters "Coulda at least let me get a pint first..." under his breath, then stands and walks over to the farmer.

"A'right, I'm in if you can pay in gold, ale, and wenches. Although ye can leave out the wenches in place o' some good food!"

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore covaithe

Friend+
    My communities:

The door bangs open, and in walks a tall human girl in what appears to be a reinforced skirt and corset made of silver-chased leather. A generous swell of pale cleavage protrudes above the garment, framed by tumbling waves of lustrous brown hair. The upper half of the girl's face is obscured by a silver domino mask held in place by a black ribbon. At the temples of the mask, a confection of silver-white feathers curves elegantly up and back, giving the impression of wings. A pair of leather boots up to the knee matches the corset, and long, shapely legs flash beneath the slit skirt as she strides confidently forward, chin high and chest outthrust. A silver clasp at her throat holds up a short cape of some rippling, shimmery material that trails behind her like a veil. A sheathed dagger at her waist completes the ensemble, adding an asymmetric flourish that emphasizes her narrow waist and pleasantly flared hips.

She stops in a clear spot well in view from all sides of the room, and strikes a dramatic pose, hands on hips and elbows wide.
    "Greetings, fellow adventurers! Let evil beware, for the Silver Starling is here!"

She pauses, as if suddenly not quite sure what to do next, and begins to look around. She catches sight of Lord Malaby and gasps audibly. She stares slack-jawed for a second, then turns and dashes over to another table, her back turned away from Malaby and her shoulders hunched; head down as if to obscure her face even more. She fumbles her way into a chair near Brenwar, not far from the pair of scholars from Theotocopolis. "Hi, there. I'm the Silver Starling, bane of evil! What worthy quest be ye embarked upon?"

ooc
    Introducing Porphyria Donnervale, a.k.a. the Silver Starling, my level 5 wild sorceress. She's still a work in progress, mechanically -- which is to say, I've made all the decisions, but still need to finish encoding them in wiki format, as well as ticking all the boxes to retire Ikni properly so that Porphyria can start at level 5. But her background and something of her personality are written up, and the rest will follow soon.

Some of you may recall Porphyria from events at the end of Daunton's Dead Shadow, where she played the part of damsel in distress.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast