[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

DMDanW

First Post
Meanwhile back in Daunton.....

[sblock=Martelai]

After delivering the letter to the IAC you make your way to the address written on the card, the Extraordinary Emporium of Exotic Exports. Just as you are about to open the door it flies open and an angry looking boy and a large warforged almost trample you over on their way out. Close behind them a couple of shifters, a halfling, and elf and a robed human follow after them.

You collect yourself and make your way inside. As you enter the store a variety of strange odors assaults your senses. Along with the exotic scents the store is packed with odd and peculiar items ranging from artwork and sculptures to items that appear almost useful, there was hardly room to walk. Shelves overfilled with bowls of exotic spices, boxes of rare dusts and ointments, and maps of places you had never heard of. There were cabinets of stuffed specimens and creatures out of your nightmares. Holy symbols hung on a wall, devoted to various deities, some of which are familiar but most of them are unrecognizable. There were even some gems that floated along the roof! It would seem that there are imports here from every known corner of the world, and possibly from some parts still unknown.

Behind the counter is a thin middle aged gnome, his bushy head of brown hair peppered with grey, along with is thick moustache. He eyes you curiously, raising one bushy eyebrow as if asking himself a question. He then loudly clears his throat, “ARrghhmm. Yes yes then, what is it I can help you with?” His right eyebrow still raised in a questioning manner.

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I am here to see Jyles. I believe that it has something to do with the truppe that just stomped out of here. He's expecting me."

And more to himself:
"And I see why he would need someone with class."

DMDanW

First Post
The main group

Leonidas steps in front of Leonard and opens the door before he can generate any snide remarks for Gloom or Gellan and ushers the boy inside. Inside is what you'd expect to see in a pawnbroker shop although the selection is quite diverse and the items numerous. A hawk nosed man behind the caged in counter looks at the group for only a moment before he gives a nod to Leonidas. The large construct walks over to the man and hand him a folded piece of paper. The man looks it over for only a second before he looks up at Leonidas and gives a nod of approval and turns to regard Leonard.

"Welcome to Hainsworths Holdings young sir" he says to Leonard, giving a slight bow of respect as he does. "If you and your, umm, associates would please follow me we can get you to where you're going", and with that he turns and leads the group behind the counter and into the back room. Leonidas joins then after locking the front door to the shop.

"I'll just be a moment, umm Leo can you give me a hand" he motions towards the warforged as he attempts to push a large bookcase away from the far wall. As the bookcase slides out of the way you see a staircase leading down and the clerk motions for you to head down. "Hurry on and you can be on yer way" he comments as you head down. Again Leonidas is the last to go through and as he does he slides the bookcase back into place. Luckily the stairs are lit with magical lamps which emit no heat and will never burn out.

You come out into a room, perhaps 20 feet square. The room is empty aside from an old stone shaped like a podium that sits in the center of the room and on the far wall across from the stairs is a large circular stone ring, with a bare stone wall behind it.

Leonidas turns to regard the group, "Now we wait" he states.

DMDanW

First Post
Meanwhile back in Daunton....

"I am here to see Jyles. I believe that it has something to do with the truppe that just stomped out of here. He's expecting me."

The gnome scratches his chin for a moment and nods. "Yesery, I do recall Jyles mentioning something like that. If you could just wait for a moment I'll ring for him", and he walks over to a series of braided silk ropes that seem to run up into the ceiling and down through the floor. He looks them over and then tugs on one. "Jyles should be up in a jiff" he says to Martelai.

A few momnets pass and the half elf you met before walks through one of the back doors. "Ah I am glad you could get here so quickly. I hope that everything went well with the package I gave you" he asks Martelai, a sincere smile on his face.

Neurotic

Martelai shrugs.

"There aren't that many of us and Igors will get the letter to the person with suitable ritual. It may even come back to me if the makes it's way to Bacarte somehow. Now, about that parcel..." he trails off unsure how much should he say in front of the shopkeeper.

Velmont

First Post
"I hope we don't wait too long, because I think someone will die of boredom before they even find us." tells Gloom, standing next to the stairway, his back on the wall.

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Martelai]
.....Now, about that parcel..." he trails off unsure how much should he say in front of the shopkeeper.

"Good then, and now if you would come with me I will try and fill you in on more of the details"
replies Jyles. "Oh, and you needn't worry about old Zarfoodle here" he says as they pass by the gnome, "although he likes to chat up the customers and can be a little long winded at times he is one of Lord Ogglebottoms oldest friends."

You enter a back room and then head down a stairway which leads to a long hallway. Walking past many doors you finally come to the end which bears a set of large double doors. Jyles pushes them open revealing the large room beyond. The room is massive, the ceiling at least the height of a three story building. Large deep metal shelves holding boxes and crates line the walls around the perimeter of the room.

In the center of the room is a large stone ring covered in glowing runes. It sits atop a large dais and a wide ramp leads up to it. It is large enough for for a horse drawn carriage to easily pass through it. A series of cables and wires run from the ring, some supporting it to the ceiling, others making their way to a semi circular podium, which is also covered in glowing runes. Standing at the podium is an attractive young elf girl.

"Attention" she calls out in a loud clear voice. "Clear the safety zone. Portal activation commencing in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..". As she counts down she quickly operates the controls and the runes on the podium begin to glow. As her countdown descends energy from the podium races along the cables and then to the large ring. Runes begin to light up on the ring one by one, and as the 7th runes begins to glow and energy field appears and fills the center of the ring, energy crackling all around the ring and the field wavering slightly like the surface of a pond in the wind.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leonards Group]
"I hope we don't wait too long, because I think someone will die of boredom before they even find us." tells Gloom, standing next to the stairway, his back on the wall.

A few moments pass before Gloom comments about dieing of Boredom. Leonard begins to chuckle at the remark, but as if on cue to Glooms statement the stone ring on the far wall begins to shake and vibrate slightly. One by one runes on the surface being to glow a bright blue and as the seventh rune lights up a shimmering field of energy appears and fills the rings center.

Leonidas turns to the group "Alright now we go. Enter the portal" he states and gestures for you to go through first. After some brief hesitation one by one everyone walks onto the energy field. Entering the field feels like being emerged in a pool of jelly. Your bodies being to tingle and then you feel the sensation of falling. You being to accelerate faster and faster until suddenly you feel like you have hit another pool of jelly. Your foot comes out and hits a solid surface, and then the rest of your body emerges into a large room.

The room is massive, the ceiling at least the height of a three story building. Large deep metal shelves holding boxes and crates line the walls around the perimeter of the room. A large ramp leads down from the portal down to the floor below. A series of wires and cables run for the device you have just stepped out of to a semicircular podium off to the side. Operating the controls is the beutiful elf maiden Jezabelle, except instead of the revealing outfits you have seen her wear before she now has on much more modest attire. Standing a little further back by a set of double doors are Jyles and the dark blue coat wearing half elf you almost ran over on your way out of the Emporium. From a doorway adjacent to them appears Lord Ogglebottom, a large smile on his face and a large bag slung over his shoulder
[/sblock]

From a doorway adjacent to Jyles and Martelai appears Lord Ogglebottom, a large smile on his face and a large bag slung over his shoulder. "Welcome back" he states. before he can continue Jyles taps him on the shoulder. "Ren, this is the fellow I was telling you about" and he gestures toward Martelai.

"Ah yes, greeting Martelai. I am Lord Renthwaite Ogglebottom. Please lets join the others and I will explain everything." He walks to the base of the ramp and waits for the others to all make their way down before continuing.

He looks at the large warforged Leonidas, "I hope that everything went smoothly" he asks?

"Yes everything went as planned" he stoically replies.

"Good" Ogglebottom replies. He looks over at everyone else. "I hope you can forgive the slight run around I have just put you through" he begins. "Once I learned of the plan to kidnap Leonard I decided to weave my own web of deception to attempt to throw off any remaining would be kidnappers. I have many rivals and until I can learn which one is behind this I had to try and throw them off the trail. As far as anyone is now concerned Leonard and his protectors are in a pawn brokerage in Bacarte".

It looks for a moment that Leonard is about to speak when Leonidas reaches out and puts his hand on the youngsters shoulder and ever so slightly shakes his head. Leonard just drops his head down and kicks at an unseen object on the ground.

Lord Ogglebottom smiles and then clears his throat, "Arrggmm. Now unless there are any further questions I will have Jezabelle tune the portal to your true destination"

Velmont

First Post
As Lord Ogglebottoms speak about tuning the portal, Gloom rise an eyebrow but doesn't tell a word. His at is belt reflexively try to tighten his grip on the hilt of his sword, but having trade his longsword with a new fullblade he now carry on his back, he find only air. Gloom decides instead to relax, wait and watch the elf do her works.

Neurotic

Martelai follows the proceedings and takes time to memorize the runes on the portal.

As the group emerges he looks them over and nods to each. He half bows to Lord Ogglebottom
"At your service."

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn snarls under his breath - cursing that his "belly didn't agree with teleporting, and now having to do it all over again."

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for my absence - I've been out-of-town on business for the last few weeks. [/sblock]

[sblock=Thorn stat block]Thorn Male Longtooth Shifter Fighter 2
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:15, Will:15
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Sure Strike, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth Shifting,
Comeback Strike
[/sblock]

Remove ads