Random Magic Item Generator

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Hey All

I've created a random magic item generator for Pathfinder using the tables in the core rulebook and its available at [NOT AVAILABLE CURRENTLY]

There is an option for including items from the APG

Items can be generated for a settlement depending on population size.
Advanced options include a particular item type, my own house rules (for when I generate items for my campaign) and the option to make all items intelligent (as long as they can normally be intelligent)

Any feedback (like bugs or suggestions) are welcome.

Duncan

UPDATE: Website no longer exists, sorry for any inconvenience

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Nice! Any chance you'd like to make a random treasure generator? Similar options, except you type in a target level or gp value and get a random list of treasure?

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
I think there are a variety of random treasure generators out there already.

However, I could add a feature enabling a user to enter a certain gp value, and it would generate magic items up to that total value (or thereabouts), with restrictions on the maximum value of any particular magic item.

Sylrae

First Post
The ability to create magic items by price would be fantastic. Especiall if you could pick the lower bound as well.

I've seen a few generators for 3.5 that let you pick the max cost, but you'd still usually end up with really cheap stuff most of the time. If it supports minimum price and maximum price, it would be awesome.

Sylrae

First Post
Wow! That's fantastic!

Now it'll be usable for generating magic items for encounters too!

Any chance of you adding the magic items from other PF Books, or adding Spells form them for wands and such? (the ability to select the books would make it even better, but that may be a bit too much work).

Or possibly shoving them into categories (IE: Don't include magic items associated with Race X)

Last edited:

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
I plan on adding spells and items from the APG and Bestiary II (if there are relevant ones), but I'm not aware of many other items from additional sources. In the advanced options section I plan on having checkboxes for the APG and other sources (if I ever add any).

As far as I'm aware there aren't many defined categories for magic items in general, apart from fairly subjective ones.

My plans for the future include cursed items (as an option) and a way to export the magic items (probably to .csv format which allows them to be used in MS Excel)

I will probably have a go at a simple treasure generator using the tables from the Draconomicon as a base.

Sylrae

First Post
Many of the adventure paths include magic items(and regular items), and many of those are not unique items that wouldn't fit elsewhere.

Most of the splatbooks that paizo has released (the race books, the book of the damned vol. 1, Seekers of Secrets had a ton of them, There's the Pathfinder Armory, and Gods and magic had a bunch. I believe some of the regional book also had equipment.)

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
I've now updated my Random Magic Item Generator for Pathfinder to include items from the Advanced Player's Guide.

It can be found at Pathfinder

There is a checkbox under "Advanced Option2" to include items from the APG

Enjoy!

Systole

First Post
Found this and really, really love it. As others have said, just having the gp value makes this generator a total winner.

If you're taking requests, I'd like to see another level or two above metropolis, for high-magic campaigns. I don't know if the rules are out there for that, though.

Either way, I really like this. Thanks extremely much for putting this out there.

Remove ads