How will Essentials integrate with the CB?

wedgeski

Adventurer
How ill Essentials integrate with the CB?

I haven't listened to the latest podcast yet, but has it been revealed how these new classes will work in the CB?

Will "Essentials Fighter" appear as a new class option? That's the only practical solution I can think of save for completely replacing the current class with the new one, but that would cause an uproar the likes of which hasn't been seen on ENW since last Tuesday.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I haven't listened to the latest podcast yet, but has it been revealed how these new classes will work in the CB?

Will "Essentials Fighter" appear as a new class option? That's the only practical solution I can think of save for completely replacing the current class with the new one, but that would cause an uproar the likes of which hasn't been seen on ENW since last Tuesday.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Ah, just read one of the other threads and got what I presume is the right answer: the Essentials Fighter is actually the Knight.

Nichwee

First Post
I would assume you select Fighter and then select the "Build Choice" of Original or Essensials, or some similar way of denoting it, and then get choices or auto-options accordingly.

Or it is possible that Knight will just be a basic features choice like choosing an implement mastery for wizards and all the other "auto-choices" are actually just options - so a CB'd Knight could pick Cleave instead of the Cleave Stance Power as a Lvl 1 At-Will and a normal Fighter could pick one of the Stances as an At-Will as well - and the Essensials box doesn't bother to point this out for simplicities sake. (This is unlikely to be completely the case but it could be - as the Class Features could just be "psuedo-dalies" that give a bonus/at-will option until you take an extended rest)

fba827

Adventurer
It's not replacing the exsisting fighter.
It's a new build option (just the same way Martial Power I and II introduced alternate builds, like Tempest Fighter and Battle Rager), you'll now also have the Knight build choice.

mkill

Adventurer
If you look carefully, you'll notice that there are already 9 cleric powers from the Essentials series in the CB (for unknown reasons). Look for "Source: Essentials"

Ah, just read one of the other threads and got what I presume is the right answer: the Essentials Fighter is actually the Knight.
Respectfully, no, it's actually the Fighter -- one of the builds is called the Knight.

Essentials will integrate the same way that every other new book has; if you wanna make a Fighter, you click on Fighter, and then you select your build or class features. The Tempest Fighter, the Great Weapon Fighter, and the Knight are all just different builds of Fighter. That's all.

MrMyth

First Post
Well, I get the sense they tried to give very distinct names to the Essentials Builds since they will be a bit more distinct from other builds. Hence, you can easily refer to the Knight, the Mage, the Warpriest more easily than most talk about Battlerager Fighters, Thaneborn Barbarians, etc.

But yeah, I expect them to show up in the CB as just another build choice. If you choose that build, you get the options it allows for. If you don't, proceed as normal. Shouldn't be any issue at all.

Dan'L

First Post
Respectfully, no, it's actually the Fighter -- one of the builds is called the Knight.

Respectfully, no, it's not the Fighter. It's very similar to the fighter in many ways, but:

- It shares essentially none of the same class features, but instead has new ones that are (or may be) similar but not the same.

- It has a (slightly) different list of class skills.

- It has a different range of armor proficiencies, including plate.

- It has a different progression of power acquisition as the character levels.

IMO, it's different enough that they would be better off just making this a separate class in the Builder.

-Dan'L

Remove ads