[LPF]Kobold's Keep - Page 17





  1. #161
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    GlassEye
    Nope, no confusion. From the Pathfinder Bestiary, pg. 302:

    Pounce (Ex) When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can make a full attack (including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability).
    Format: Pounce; Location: Special Attacks.
    Last edited by Mowgli; Sunday, 3rd October, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

 

  • #162
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,421
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    Mowgli
    Big cat animal companions don't gain Pounce until 7th level. (Core Rulebook pg. 54).

  • #163
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    GlassEye
    Ah . . . strike another one up to my character generator. I'm off to edit my post and then to the LoneWolf forums to report the bug!
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #164
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,288
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Tahn can't help but listen to the grisly sounds of crunching carapace and squirting ichor but he tries to keep focused on the other doorways. His keen eyes and ears pierce the gloom and strain to pick up distant sounds.


    OOC
    Spoiler:

    I'd like to make a perception check and ready an action vs sight. I think that's a move and standard action respectively, though I couldn't locate the text I was looking for in the book. Anyway, if I can only do one and not both I'll just make my perception and announce if I hear/see anything.
    Last edited by SelcSilverhand; Tuesday, 5th October, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

  • #165
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    OOC
    You may ready a standard action, move action, swift action, or free action. Readying itself is a standard action regardless of what action you ready.(All on pg. 203 CORE). And searching/looking around is a move action so you are ok with number of actions taken.

    Going to advance the round tonight so Songdragon and Fenris have a few hours to get an action in. Only one more character can fit into the combat anyway and there is only one bettle left andd it has taken 1hp of damage.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #166
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    The gnome moves in and joins the others in whack a beetle... Her small long sword swings... (( To Hit 1d20+1=19 for 1d6=5 damage ))

  • #167
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan

    Combat Over

    lxlAlBlClDlElFlGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l9l0l
    lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lbl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lcl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    ldl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lel l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lfl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lgl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ltltl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lhl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lPlFl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lil l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    ljl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lkl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lMl lDl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lml l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lnl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lol l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lpl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lql l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lrl l l l l l l l l l l l l lRl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lsl l l l l l l l l l l l l lAl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    ltl l l l l l l l l l l l l lVl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lul l l l l l l l l l l l l lIl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lvl l l l l l l l l l l l l lNl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
    lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l lEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

    Key

    l l = elevation zero
    l l = elevation 3'-4'
    l l = elevation 40'50'
    l l = walls
    l l = unexplored or unseeable from current location
    l l l
    l l l = circular stairwell (10' x 10')



    Characters:

    lTl = Tahn
    lZl = Zelena
    lFl = Fury
    lMl = Mordjn
    lPl = Pari
    ltltl = Tagaiwi


    OOC
    Ok let me help with my terrible map making skills. From the outside you all went down into the ravine some 40'-50' feet deep. The window was in a hill before you and you climbed up into it reaching the first room.


    EDIT
    Something I keep meaning to add. The floor and walls are a little slippery due to their smoothness. Which in game terms means if you want to charge or run you need to make an Acrobatics check DC 20 or fall prone. And most climb DC will be elevated because of this. Just thought you should know. Won't be as easy as fighting in a sheep pen.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 6th October, 2010 at 03:24 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #168
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    The group is swift to deal with the potential threat the bettles might have posed. When Mordjn jumps down careful not to slip on the smooth surface he sees that all the bugs have been smashed so he asks quietly if Tahn sees anything through the door immediatly to their east. Tahn whispers back that he doesn't see a thing the door not being open enough.

    Fury easily ran one bettle through and nearly fell over as Tagaiwi rushed by him to get to another. And then Pari follows suit nearly tripping him the opposite way as he moves around to get at the bettle with his huge weapon. Zelena takes the direct route and although the corner of the wall is a little in the way it isn't enough to stop her from running the last bettle through and getting some of the glowing "gunk" on her sword.

    Holding the sword up and about to wipe it off Pari stops her, the sword cast a little light about the hallway not unlike a torch. Looking around the group sees a few more doors and an inverted circular staircase.

    Could there be an upper level to this place?

    OOC
    Let's see "looking around" you all will notice.

    1) There are no doors at areas f,P -f,s/f,T - or g,X. Just open archways above the floor.
    2) Perception DC0 shows more orangish-red light coming from the area beyond f,S/f,T but nothing noticable looking over the lip of the doorjam except a very large room.
    3) Oh and the items of value you found back in room#1 = small jewerly coffer (made of brass and silver inlay) and an ivory comb with a small green gem set in it.

    Where to next?


    Edit
    Nov,8 2010:
    Editing in XP to this post to create a link for page 1

    XP: 405xp divided by 4 players = 101XP each
    Note: Fenris's last post Sept 23rd in this game, before above combat
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 8th November, 2010 at 06:32 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #169
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,421
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    "Never dressed an insect before. Think you could cut out one of those glowing glands without splattering it all over the place?" He grins his challenge at Pari before peering about the room. "So, three archways, a stair, and a door." He'll poke around in this room to see if the beetles might have collected any shinies. His brows knit as he notices the dim light from the archway just past Tagaiwi. He cautiously moves around the big cat and pulls himself slowly into the archway to sneak a peek into the next room.

  • #170
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    Pari looks dubiously from the beetles to Fury and back again. He shrugs nonchalantly and draws a dagger, setting to work to excise a glowing gland from one of the beetles that's not oozing too much already.

    Tagaiwi stalks over and hangs a heavy head over the Pari's shoulder, almost knocking the little gnome over in his curiosity.

    OOC
    Not sure if there's an applicable skill . . . if so I'll let you roll it to save time, HM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Kobold Wyrmpriest and Kobold Minions
      By Green Knight in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th April, 2008, 06:05 PM
    2. Kobold
      By Seeten in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th March, 2007, 12:45 PM
    3. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Friday, 8th September, 2006, 02:49 AM
    4. Want to try the Kobold
      By Demoquin in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 28th August, 2006, 02:19 PM
    5. Kobold HP
      By DM with a vengence in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 09:00 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •