Gamma World Box Set Sneak Peak on I09.com

Festivus

First Post
One question I have: will GW be added to DDI? If so, I might not cancel my long over-kept subscription...

If you mean Character Builder, I am pretty sure the answer to that is no, not at this time. Chargen is supposed to be fast and easy, no need for DDI tools to help with it. There was mention somewhere that they would explore that if there was demand.

Scribble

First Post
I think they mentioned the monsters might be (depending on demand.)

I really hope the monsters are added too... I have an affinity for the campaign world is actually the future of a modern world after it was almost destroyed and re-birthed as a fantasy world type thing...

So access to GW monsters in the monster builder would be pretty sweet. :)

scourger

Explorer

As I posted it, I knew someone would find a $1 bill counterfeiter; but I figured it would be foreign bills. Still 1938-1948 is not currently counterfeiting $1 bills, and my original point is that someone really won't fake something of value that costs more to fake than the genuine article. Great story in the link, though.

jedijon

Explorer
CCGs have a reputation for being expensive. CCGs FEEL incompatible with D&D (roleplaying).

But exactly WHY are these points salient.

Put simply, if you have a preference for any given card more than another card - then this set of randomized cards WILL BE collectible. Whether the boosters are 1 cent, or 10 dollars each, you'll still be cranking through more.

When I read through the magic items in the printed PHB, I have a preference for one or the other and act on that preference during character creation, when I'm shopping between adventures, etc.

So, now we're to understand that although we want this or that thing, it WASN'T IN that booster we just cracked. So, open another right?

Collectible.

I'll say it again - preference + random = collectible.

Nobody NEEDS a Wrath of God to play MTG, but a lot of packs of 8th and 9th were cracked looking for copies 3 and 4.

To add further detail on my thoughts, I caught the GenCon interview where the designers stated they would (as the GM) tell their players to bring two packs to the session and these would be their mutations for that play-through. Great idea! I'd love to both be that person, and have that kind of player; the kind who thought 7 bucks well spent - might's well dispose of the materials and bring another two packs for next week - or file 'em away for future use. Hey - seen those 4 mutations before; no problem, it's all part of the fun!

But, sadly, I'm too much of a tightwad to have that casual free-spirited air. Much as it might fit with the "campy" setting. So, I'll definitely be buying packs - but with both eyes on cost, and trying to balance a decent collection, with a bare minimum of duplicates, with the experience of actually opening the packs in-game for immediate use (I've had many boxes of magic just torn through - and now draft exclusively until packs are all open), as WELL AS ensuring that I can re-randomize then and retain that "blind" feel of the original purchase.

Remove ads