Whatcha gonna run? Whatcha wanna play?

madwabbit

First Post
Rel; said:
Also my daughter is promising to come up with another Game In A Jar scenario if anybody is interested in playing that.
I'm mulling over a kids-focused session myself, either running Dread House or "Happy Birthday, Robot!", depending on the kids that show up (or how many adults are interested in being kids again and playing these games, since they're both excellently suited for that as well).

I'm running Dread. A sort of twisted, chaotic Alice in Wonderland spinoff.

I want to play this! And some Fiasco as well. If anyone wants to run Atomic Highway I want to try that too.

I am running all supers this gameday with an all ladies ICONS game (girl gamers of all ages welcome) and a DC Adventures one shot. But I just read Dresden Files....and a game set in Salem in October would be a ton of fun! EDIT: (Unfortunately not enough time to get it ready! )

Last edited:

I'm mulling over a kids-focused session myself, either running Dread House or "Happy Birthday, Robot!", depending on the kids that show up (or how many adults are interested in being kids again and playing these games, since they're both excellently suited for that as well).

Oh heck yes I would! I have read great things about both.

dikaiosunh

First Post
I am indeed planning to come and run the stuff that Tom mentioned. One game will be a Dark Sun D&D 4E game, part of the Heroes' Guild's soon-to-launched West Marches-style DS game (if you're interested in more on that, see The Waste or you can just play it as a regular one-shot and no one will be the wiser).

The other will be Misspent Youth, now that I finally have my out-of-ashcan version.

Misspent Youth is the story game of dystopian future rebellion teenage angst! It is awesome!

I assume Dark Sun needs no particular introduction - cannibal halflings and grimy elves and all that.

Sam H

First Post
Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand (and away from my Expendables reverie), I'm way too out of practice to even attempt running something in a con-type environment. Heck, I barely remember how to roleplay after a nearly unbroken ten-year streak of no gaming.

It seems like the focus will be on indie games, so I won't go looking for any Dark Heresy or Deathwatch. If someone were to run something with ION Guard for Icons I'd be all over that, though. Someone mentioned Lady Blackbird and I'd like to give that a try after hearing so many good things about it. Also if a person wanted to get really ambitious and run Mist-Robed Gate... well, I would love that person.

madwabbit

First Post
It seems like the focus will be on indie games, so I won't go looking for any Dark Heresy or Deathwatch. If someone were to run something with ION Guard for Icons I'd be all over that, though. Someone mentioned Lady Blackbird and I'd like to give that a try after hearing so many good things about it. Also if a person wanted to get really ambitious and run Mist-Robed Gate... well, I would love that person.
Actually, it's early yet in the planning, but the "indie" games tend to be in the minority -- I use quotes on that, simply because I want to avoid the often frequent definitions and generalizations debate that arises when that term (or "story game") gets tossed around.

In any event, I think we're going to see a VERY good mix of all kinds of games, run by an excellent group of GMs -- which is pretty typical of a DC (and NC) Gameday.

Remove ads