Special Conversion Thread: Tasked Genies

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's go "full genius" (you made me think of the opposite of what's discussed in Tropic Thunder :lol:).

Updated.

What racial skill bonuses do you propose?

Cleon

Legend
Sounds good. Updated.

Feats: Improved Initiative (B), 3 more
Deceitful, Negotiator, Persuasive?

I was thinking Investigator, Negotiator, Persuasive.

Could add something combat worthy like Quicken SLA (charm person) or Combat Expertise if we think using all three on skills is excessive.

We could increase its racial bonus on skills to +4 and give them Combat Expertise, Persuasive, Quicken SLA (charm person) instead.

Hmm, I like the second option better.

Oh, and Improved Initiative (B) of course.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Agreed. Updated.

For the weaponry, I was thinking either a falchion, to hearken back to the high damage of the original writeup, or a mace of some sort to represent a sceptre. For the ranged weapon, perhaps a hand crossbow?

Cleon

Legend
Agreed. Updated.

For the weaponry, I was thinking either a falchion, to hearken back to the high damage of the original writeup, or a mace of some sort to represent a sceptre. For the ranged weapon, perhaps a hand crossbow?

I like the Falchion but would prefer a composite (short?) bow to a hand crossbow.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think the native subtype works here, and that's what you've got. ;)

There aren't too many Medium weapons that do 2d8 base damage, for sure! The hand crossbow is a good idea. For melee, I prefer the heavy mace despite the somwhat lower damage, since I just don't imagine these using something like a falchion. They might slash up all their paperwork by accident! ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
There aren't too many Medium weapons that do 2d8 base damage, for sure! The hand crossbow is a good idea. For melee, I prefer the heavy mace despite the somwhat lower damage, since I just don't imagine these using something like a falchion. They might slash up all their paperwork by accident! ;)

But it makes a great letter opener! :p

I'm fine with the mace, and can't really see a bureaurcrat carrying a bow and a quiver of arrows. Maybe sharp pens (darts)? ;)

Cleon

Legend
But it makes a great letter opener! :p

I'm fine with the mace, and can't really see a bureaurcrat carrying a bow and a quiver of arrows. Maybe sharp pens (darts)? ;)

Well to be honest I don't really see a bureaucrat regularly carrying any missile weapon.

I fancied composite bows because that was a very popular weapon among the ruling classes in pre-gunpowder Arab and Turkish states (and they were still used extensively in during-gunpowder ones).

Remove ads