Special Conversion Thread: Tasked Genies

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sounds right. Perhaps slightly lower Cha, since they're "not especially handsome."

But they get all the ladies. ;)

Added to Homebrews.

Cantrip converts to prestidigitation (per the conversion guide), but we'll need a unique ability for control temperature (which I believe we've covered with an earlier creature).

Cleon

Legend
But they get all the ladies. ;)

Added to Homebrews.

Cantrip converts to prestidigitation (per the conversion guide), but we'll need a unique ability for control temperature (which I believe we've covered with an earlier creature).

We could just give it endure elements instead. It depends whether they uses the power to serve hot & cold drinks or to stop their charges from catching colds...

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think we gave some unique genies control temperature. I feel like this was in some special conversion thread, but I'll be durned if I can remember what the name was.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Found it!

Control Temperature (Su): As a swift action, Aeraldoth can raise or lower the temperature by 10 degrees in a 100-foot-radius centered on him. Subsequent uses of this ability stack, so he could, for example, lower the temperature by a total of 20 degrees after two rounds.

...and...

Control temperature (Sp): A frost can alter the temperature drastically, in a 10 foot radius around itself. As a free action, once per round, it can alter the temperature of anything within the area by up to 100 degrees positive or negative.

Cleon

Legend
Found it!

Control Temperature (Su): As a swift action, Aeraldoth can raise or lower the temperature by 10 degrees in a 100-foot-radius centered on him. Subsequent uses of this ability stack, so he could, for example, lower the temperature by a total of 20 degrees after two rounds.

...and...

Control temperature (Sp): A frost can alter the temperature drastically, in a 10 foot radius around itself. As a free action, once per round, it can alter the temperature of anything within the area by up to 100 degrees positive or negative.

I prefer the first option, but I'd add a limit to the total temperature change and make it a standard or move action (I imagine him fanning or blowing out hot or cold air).

I also like the idea of it using this ability to serve hot and cold drinks:

Control Temperature (Su): As a standard action, a harim servant genie can raise or lower the temperature by 10 degrees in a 100-foot-radius centered on itself. Subsequent uses of this ability stack, to a maximum of +50 or -50 degrees. For example, the tasked genie could lower the temperature by a total of 20 degrees after two rounds.

A harim servant genie can also use this ability to heat or chill a single object within 10 feet that weighs less than 10? pounds (treat as the heat metal or chill metal spells, except the object doesn't have to be metal). The genie can change the temperature of all the object or only part of it, i.e. heating or chilling the liquid inside a cup.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I like it! It reminds me of Iceman chilling Wolverine's beer in X-Men. This will definitely make the harim servant fun at parties! :lol:

Updated.

The genies take care of all the needs of the women, from mending and cooking to guarding and foot-bathing. They use cantrip liberally for cleaning and entertainment, using other spells as necessary to increase the comfort of the harim. They have nonweapon proficiencies in healing, sewing, cooking, and local and ancient history. The genies also serve as storytellers, entertaining with legends, tales of genies, and amusing jokes. Some tasked harim servants have other skills, such as singing or dancing, which they can teach to the harim women.

Skills: 10 at 10 ranks
Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Listen, Perform (any one), Profession (cook), Search, Sense Motive, Spot?

Feats: Improved Initiative (B), Two-Weapon Fighting (B), 3 more
Alertness? Improved Two-Weapon Fighting? Negotiator?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Environment: Warm deserts or urban?

Organization: Solitary or x

Challenge Rating: 5? (The aren't as tough as djinn, but are sufficiently better than jann)

Treasure: Standard?

Alignment: Usually lawful neutral?

Advancement: 8–10 HD (Large); 11–21 (Huge)?

Level Adjustment: +5 (like jann)? They lack some of the more magical powers of djinn

A typical harim servant genie stands 8 feet tall and weighs around x pounds.

Harim servant genies speak Auran, Celestial, Common and x.

Remove ads