Sunday PM: To the Shores of Tripoli (M&M) - Accepting Alternates!

The_Universe

First Post
The year is 1805. Yusuf Karamanli, the dastardly prince (Bashaw) of Tripoli, has captured the USS Philadelphia and enslaved its crew, demanding an exorbitant tribute and ransom for their release. The young nation cannot allow this provocation to go unchallenged. As American agents in the Mediterranean work to counter the powerful Pasha's growing influence, a reluctant President Jefferson has called on the powerful Sons of Liberty to secure the release of the faithful sailors from the Philadelphia -- and ordered them to do whatever they must to ensure that the powerful frigate will not be absorbed Tripoli's growing (and already dangerous) navy -- for the ship itself holds secrets that the United States cannot allow to fall into the wrong hands.

6 Characters:

The Minuteman
Swamp Fox
Silverbolt
Blackbeard's Ghost
The Frontiersman
The Lantern

6 Players

The_Galaxy
Psion
DireWolf
gkraus1008
DarkTouch
NKDad

Alts:
?????

For new folks, the PCs are thin pastiches of the Justice League/Avengers with an American historical/folklore flare.

I'm currently planning to run this on Saturday afternoon, but I can move the game if necessary (interested players, let me know). It's a prequel to some of the historical M&M games I've run before -- the same game I ran at Gen Con, if anyone is interested. As of current, I'm planning to convert this to M&M 3e (DC Adventures) before the gameday, but it's highly possible that I won't get all that done, and that I will instead stick with M&M 2e.

Regardless, no knowledge of either system (or the setting) is required. It's all pretty straightforward.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Would there be equal or greater interest in this game if I moved it to Sunday afternoon?

For me, I was interested anyways, but there's the fact I can play if you have it Sunday afternoon.

But I imagine some other folks might be in the opposite situation. (shrug)

Remove ads