Latina Facta & Versatile Performances Redux

Endzeitgeist

First Post
This pdf is 10 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page editorial and 2 pages OGL. That leaves us with 6 pages of content.

Latina Facta (2.5 pages): 15 feats that are based on famous Latin sentences. Most of them are quite cool and seem to be well-balanced.

One particular, though, at least to me, screams unbalanced: “Aequam Memento Rebus in Arduis Servare Mentem” – the feat lets you add your wis-modifier to any skill-check with a DC of 25 and higher. While unproblematic on lower levels, it means that mid-to high level characters will add a huge bonus on ALL skill-checks. No way, this will never be used in my campaign.

There are also cool feats like “Age. Fac Ut Gaudeam!” (Go ahead, make my day) that force a via Intimidate demoralized foe to delay for 10 points on his next initiative.

My personal favorite, though, is “Cogi Qui Potest Nescit Mori”, which enables you to resist acts while under an enchantment for a slight subdual damage.

The second part of the file consists of new Arts and Associated Arts for the Bard-class and are simply cool.
Ever wanted your Bard to dance over a spider’s web? Or wanted your bard to call “Cut!” on an enemy and truly stupefy him? There you go. 3 and a half page of the pdf are devoted to making your bard more awesome, versatile and cool. For a class that rarely sees such cool concepts, this file is pure gold.

The editing, wording and formatting are high-quality, however, don’t expect too much artwork-wise. While there is some b/w-art, it’s minimalistic and probably public domain.

Conclusion:

While the feats were nice, I would have loved to see more versatile performances – they are plain awesome. Due to the one feat I didn’t like, I’d give it 4.5 stars, but for the very low price, I’ll round it up to 5. Bard-lovers, go get this one – you won’t regret it.

Remove ads