proposal: change death penalty

evilbob

Explorer
Well, I'm not sure I can vote on CaBaNa's proposal, since it's also sort of my proposal, but not surprisingly my opinion would be:

E > A > D > B > C

Those are also what I feel are the shortest to longest penalties, in order, although I could be mistaken.

renau1g

First Post
RP's are earned for month of play. I didn't award RP's b/c the DM doesn't have to until the end of the adventure. You've "earned" them, just haven't been awarded them WD.

Velmont

First Post
I would go:

C>B>A>D>E

C => This is closer to what rules are initially. Maybe 6 encounter is a bit too harsh as in PbP, you could easily 6 really tough Encounter. I wouldn't go under 4.

B => You can earn a RP without even rolling 1 dice. In that idea, it means during that month, the penalty hasn't done anything.

A => The shorter the time before the penalty wear off, the less it affect the person. The moment where that penalty might mean something is more near the end of an adventure, not the start.

D=> Someone could spend 6 month in the Tavern and he will never see the effect of his death.

E => Death should come with a penalty other than the raising cost.

In resume, I don't like anything related to RL time (or RP, which is equivalent), as in PbP, you can have an adventure with a lot of encounters in a few months, and you can have another one who lag and you see one or 2 encounter only in 6 month.

I think going for X encounter is good, like C. Just not sure if 6 is the best due to the nature of PbP adventure. I would go for either 4 or 6 encounters.

CaBaNa

First Post
evilbob, I'm pretty sure you can vote on my proposal, just not your own.

Yours, as far as I can tell, was; ...after 3 encounters or 3 real life months or 3 RP.

None of my proposals are that short.

renau1g

First Post
Personally, the 4 encounters option would be the most appealing as it would encourage faster posting, rather than for RP's or RL time, which may actually encourage slower posting, especially as the "time limit" gets closer. It's 2 milestones worth, a slight difference over the current 3 milestones, and it will still take between 4-6 months I'd imagine in most scenarios.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Personally, the 4 encounters option would be the most appealing as it would encourage faster posting, rather than for RP's or RL time, which may actually encourage slower posting, especially as the "time limit" gets closer. It's 2 milestones worth, a slight difference over the current 3 milestones, and it will still take between 4-6 months I'd imagine in most scenarios.

Agreed.

Remove ads