Trailblazer plus backgrounds?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
We've had kits in 2nd edition, we have themes in 4e, we've had various implementations in 3e as backgrounds, occupations, careers, some have even used prestige classes this way, etc.

Has anyone found a good "background" implementation they believe works well (excluding prestige classes) with Trailblazer? I'm looking for something that can add a layer of flavor (with optional minor mechanical benefits or restrictions) that spans all character levels. It could signify cultural upbringing or organizational membership.

Anyone found a best way?

joela

First Post
We've had kits in 2nd edition, we have themes in 4e, we've had various implementations in 3e as backgrounds, occupations, careers, some have even used prestige classes this way, etc.

Has anyone found a good "background" implementation they believe works well (excluding prestige classes) with Trailblazer? I'm looking for something that can add a layer of flavor (with optional minor mechanical benefits or restrictions) that spans all character levels. It could signify cultural upbringing or organizational membership.

Anyone found a best way?

I'd assume anything that works for 3.x and Pathfinder should be fine.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I'll have to check it out then I guess. The best one I'm most familiar with is the backgrounds in the Black Company Campaign Setting by Green Ronin.

Bihor

First Post
the Heroes of High Favor from bad axe are full of flavor, but the prestige classes could be a bit on the underpower side conpaire to the trailblazer casses.

Remove ads