The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I liked Rifts, it sure did make for a break from the norm.

Here's the Rifts party I ran and we played for over a year and didn;t really do anything it was so much RP fun.

- Glitterboy
- Juicer (range combatant)
- Operator
- Robotech Fighter (Rift appeared in space during a conflict and he got pulled in. The player was miffed when I told him his Vertech fighter was in scattered in pieces when he "woke up". Carried it around on a flatbed for a couple RL months till the Operator fixed it)
- Spider-Man (Yep good ol' Peter Parker got sucked into a Rift created by Doc Oc and ended up in are little world)
- Daffy Duck (was the "magic user" of the group and quite loony)
- Elven Warrior (actually a polymorphed dragon whose father cursed him.No memory of past life, etc. I didn't let the player have his sheet and he thought he was dead when an RPG (rocket propelled grenade) hit him full in the chest. Also he had nightmares of dragons attacking his village - planted by the old man so he would fear dragons - but backfired as he went searching for what he thought were memories of the dragon attack on his village and the reason behind his amnesia.)

Ah good times - Played some TMNT also. I was a gopher samurai. :D

HM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The first rpg I played was TMNT. Good times.

The last game I've played in the palladium system was a standard "use any book you have" sort of rifts deal. It didn't last past the first combat since we reached a point in the second round when the entire group thought "This is reticulated! We'll never finish this fight!"

renau1g

First Post
I find 3e/PF have some great strengths and some huge weaknesses (grapple rules *shudder), 4e has the same (Stealth rules *shudder), but end of the day I go into the dungeon fight the dragon, kill it and take its stuff. Doesn't matter if I'm in 2e, 3e, 4e, PF, or any combination thereof. D&D (to me) is about the story (system agnostic) and slaying powerful foes, gaining fame/power and cool new items (which both 3e & 4e fall down hard on this last one with the requisite "christmas tree" items).

Anyways, I'm always glad to jump into the mud and sling with you, but I still play all editions, but I find it hard to go back to less options from more options when playing a non-spellcaster.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[non mud sling] pathfinder expanded the basic core classes with the APG rather nicely. It gave indiviual variety per class with the requisite/expected balence and lept the flaver of the game to where I like it.[/non mud sling]

Rhun

First Post
< Kevin Siembieda > I just have to interject here... it's all about Palladium. < /Kevin Siembieda > *ducks*

30+ minute rounds due to every character having 4+ attacks at first level ftw!

I had some fun times playing Rifts back in the day. And I've had extremely long combats in just about every game system I've ever played.

Rhun

First Post
i can put a wine label on a bottle vinegar but that will not make it a sweet delicious wine.

The difference between wine and vinegar is vast, my friend. That would be like saying you could play Monopoly and call it D&D. They are both games, the same way wine and vinegar are both liquid...but they aren't the same.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases