The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
busy busy busy, School starts Wednesday and XC practice already has.

[sblock=rant 1]I've just done three all nighters in a row to get my AP Spanish homework done, that was the first two, the reason I waited so long was because I thought I was going to switch out of it, but was then told I couldn't, so I had to do the homework, then after the two all nighters I was told I COULD switch out of it, so I switched into AP Environmental Science and had to do that homework, which consisted of another all nighter but now I have it done.[/sblock]

This one might apply to parents of younger children, if you'll accept advice from a 17 year old:

[sblock=rant 2]First off, the time I'm supposed to go to bed is 22:00 (10:00 PM), and my little sister has to go to bed at 20:30 (8:30 PM), so the day before yesterday I was watching "Hunt for Red October" with my Dad, while my sister was doing something upstairs, 20:30 passes, 21:00 passes, at 21:12 my Dad calls her down to get ready to go to bed, she goes to bed at about 21:30, an hour past her bedtime. The movie gets done at 21:42 so I decide to go upstairs and work on D&D stuff for a while (I recently got ahold of the Council of Thieves AP) I work on that for a while, and at 22:12 I get called down to go to bed, which is only 12 minutes past my bedtime, whereas my little sister was called down 42 minutes past hers, so the moral of the story is that if you have two children of different ages, make sure you call them downstairs or whatever at the same time relative to their bedtimes, now, I didn't end up sleeping because I had AP Spanish work to do that night, but that's beside the point.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
You are 17 and have a bedtime? I had a job as an Assistant Manager of a movie theatre at 17...I regularly wouldn't make it home until after 2am. Oh, and I also had multiple AP classes. Not sure how I made it through my Junior and Senior years.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I can stay up past it some times, I don't have a job, aside from working part time for my Grandpa but that doesn't really count, but I stay up past 11 to watch Falling Skies (When it was on) and Haven, and during the school year I'll regularly be up past midnight working on papers and other homework, so it's not usually strictly enforced, and I have to get up before 6 every day because my parents both have jobs and I wake up slowly, so if I stay up TOO late then I'm really tired all the time.

Rhun

First Post
so it's not usually strictly enforced, and I have to get up before 6 every day because my parents both have jobs and I wake up slowly, so if I stay up TOO late then I'm really tired all the time.

Yeah, I used to be able to stay up as late as I wanted, provided I made it to school on time and got good grades. So it wasn't a big deal, since I always did. Of course, at 17 or 18 I could operate just fine on a couple hours of sleep.

Now that I'm older it is a much different story. LOL.

Rhun

First Post
2 bowels of Fiber one raisin bran clusters. now snacking on apricots, but not sure what is for dinner .. .. .. ..

Fiber One is my favorite cereal. And I just noticed they have a low calorie version out...I plan to give it a whirl on my next trip to the grocery store.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases