Converting Epic Level Creatures

Cleon

Legend
Hmmm...on second thought, let's just stick with the normal size change rules. Then the table is already available. :)

That'd be OK by me. Indeed, it's what I was assuming in the first instance.

I have no problem with replacing Stand Still, but we have two problems with FoF: it lacks the Run prereq, and doesn't have a land speed. ;)

Other suggestions?

For some reason I thought it already had Run.

As for your other quibble, Fleet of Foot, Run and Charging just say "speed", there's no mention of "land speed" in their SRD entries.

How about Sidestep Charge instead?

Shade

Monster Junkie
As for your other quibble, Fleet of Foot, Run and Charging just say "speed", there's no mention of "land speed" in their SRD entries.

True, but with a perfect flight speed, it can already change direction without need of a feat.

How about Sidestep Charge instead?

Works for me! Updated.

Challenge Rating: 40? (By normal advancement rules, a primal air elemental raised to 86 HD would be CR 40. Factoring in all the special abilities, I'd think an additional boos of +5 at the very least).

Advancement: —?

In its true form, an air elemaster stands 300 feet tall and weighs x pounds, but can use its change size ability to assume any height and weight.

Cleon

Legend
True, but with a perfect flight speed, it can already change direction without need of a feat.

I'd say the Run and Charge straight-line requirement overrules the standard movement rule of free direction changes for standard and double moves, since its a special case rule vs a generic rule.

Works for me! Updated.

Challenge Rating: 40? (By normal advancement rules, a primal air elemental raised to 86 HD would be CR 40. Factoring in all the special abilities, I'd think an additional boos of +5 at the very least).

+2 seems a bit high. I was thinking 42, since that's the Ultimate Answer.

Advancement: —?

Unlimited - e.g. 85+ HD (Colossal) - if it's good enough for Dragons its good enough for Elemasters.

In its true form, an air elemaster stands 300 feet tall and weighs x pounds, but can use its change size ability to assume any height and weight.

Going by the SRD Progression they'd only weigh 32 pounds or so.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Elder elementals have unlimited advancement and primal elementals can go up to 288(!) HD, so I'd give them some advancement.

Unlimited - e.g. 85+ HD (Colossal) - if it's good enough for Dragons its good enough for Elemasters.

I was mainly concerned about the divine rank and "Though of "trainee Hierarch" status, the elemasters cannot progress further, and can never become Full Hierarchs."

Still, I'm fine with 85+ HD (Colossal).

I'd say the Run and Charge straight-line requirement overrules the standard movement rule of free direction changes for standard and double moves, since its a special case rule vs a generic rule.

I'm not sure a creature can make a double move while flying. I'd say there's enough confusion present to not bother with those feats. :hmm:

+2 seems a bit high. I was thinking 42, since that's the Ultimate Answer.

I'm not sure where you got +2 from, but I'm content with CR 42, even if your reasoning is a bit silly. ;)

Going by the SRD Progression they'd only weigh 32 pounds or so.

Fair enough.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Ok, are we ready for the next element?

Yessir! Moving on to Earth next...

For ability scores, set Str to 43? Dex should be 36, the "bare minimum" for elemasters. For earth elementals, Con is generally 3 points higher than an air elemental of the same size. Simply add 3 to the air elemaster's Con score?

Boost earth master in a similar manner to air mastery (in other words, +4)? I don't think its penalty should change against aerial opponents, though.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added earth elemaster to Homebrews.

While doing so, I noticed we missed a few things in the air elemaster...

Elemental Transubstantiation (Su): Once per day an elemaster can transubstantiate all material objects and corporeal creatures in an area of up to 100 5-ft. squares that is within a range of 1000 ft. The affected area can be any shape. The elemaster can affect an area of any shape it wishes and exclude creatures within the affected area from the transubstantiation effect. All affected targets must succeed on a DC 69 Fort save or be transformed into elemental substances, the effects depend on the elemaster's intentions. Creatures that have the same elemental type as the elemaster are not affected by its transubstantiation; targets with no material substance are also unaffected, such as incorporeal creatures or objects of force such as an unseen servant.

If the elemaster wishes destruction, the target instantly evaporates. The transformed residue of creatures destroyed by elemental transubstantiation are not the remains of a living creature and cannot be used for raise dead or resurrection spells. A miracle, true resurrection or wish spell is necessary to bring back to life a creature destroyed by this transformation.

Alternatively, the elemaster can transform material objects or creatures instead of destroying them, as described below. Transformed creatures and objects can be returned to their former state by a polymorph any object, wish, or miracle spell, although only a single creature or object will be affected per spell, or only part of a structure (up to a 40 ft. cube) if the transformed object is particularly large.

Transformed creatures become beings of elemental substance. Their type changes to elemental (if their intelligence is 2 or less) or outsider (if their intelligence is 3 or higher) and they gain the same subtype as the elemaster. They also gain a fly speed equal to their fastest speed, with perfect maneuverability. Note that these transformed creatures are now susceptible to the elemasters' master elemental power (see below).

Transformed objects in the area can be used to form a structure of any shape the elemaster desires, the structure resembles a permanent solid fog surrounded by a permanent wind wall, and have Y hp per 5-ft. square. Treat this structure as a permanent magic item; it is not affected by dispel magic or break enchantment and is immune to effects of the elemaster's type. It takes a mage's disjunction spell or more powerful abjuration to destroy the structure (which is CL 84 and has a +Y on all its saves).

Remove ads