M&M3e (DCA) Young Justice: Home Alone

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hall_of_Justice.jpg

The Hall of Justice. Home of the Justice League of America. The words sound incredible to you, and even though you'd like to think of them as cheesey, deep down you don't. They mean something. They're real, and in your heart you know you want to be a better person because of them. You want to be a part of something bigger than yourself, that has meaning.

The last ten years have been incredible. You grew up seeing TV shorts and newspaper clippings in the Daily Planet about costumed superheroes like Superman or Wonder Woman saving the world from aliens and robots. Or rumors sprung to life that a shadowy "bat-man" stalked criminals in Gotham. The world has been racing to cope over the last five years as other heroes came along, and finally joined together to form the League. The media went wild, Superheroes becoming the new celebrity in the new millenium.

And you were one of them. Well, a sidekick, or a partner. Your mentor letting you join in while busting criminals or fighting the good fight. Sure, the media couldn't get your name right, but they would. Who would want to be known as a sidekick? You'd been told that someday you'd be part of the League... and today, they said, you were ready to see the inside of the Hall itself!

You arrived at the Hall with your mentor, one of the greatest superheroes in the world. There were others with them: teens just like you, in crazy costumes, with powers or gadgets, trained just like their mentors: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Metamorpho, Martian Manhunter, Hawk Girl, and others... standing with you! The media flashed photos of your group as you walked towards the Hall.

And then you were in the Library, with a giant TV screen on a giant computer. The ceiling was glass, with the sun shining through it, beaming down on your group clustered in the middle of the room or seated on surprisingly comfortable couches.

We should get started. Superman said. He was fairly soft-spoken, to the point, and had a magnetism to him. He pointed out the amenities, the computer...

and then the sky went dark.

What the... said Superman, apparently hearing something.

I felt it too Martian Manhunter said.

The computer screen lit up, as did numerous lights on the computer itself. One of them said "Justice League: Alert: All Reserves"

And then a giant face came on the screen. A huge, muscular alien in purple, with a technological plate around the back of his head, was speaking with a deep voice. As he did so, images of fights between Justice League members and various villains scrolled across the bottom of the screen.

I am Mongul, ruler of War World. I have chosen this world's champions for the honor of fighting and dying in the great arena. Those who survive will gain the honor of many battles before their deaths. If we are displeased by your performances... War World shall destroy this insignificant planet. All those of note shall join us... or die.

A flash of light surrounded Superman, then Martian manhunter, the Flash, Wonder Woman, all of the world's greatest heroes.

Screen shots from satelites appeared ont he screen, of League members trying to contact the Hall before they vanished as well; and of villains like Luthor and Grundy, Mr. Freeze and others in jail, vanishing from their cells.

Even the reporters in the gallery, taking pictures of the event with their cameras, disappeared in a flash.

...but... but not you guys.

The news channels on smaller screens began to blip pundits discussing the mass teleportation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The all-call continued to sound on one screen to all JLA members, active and reserve, with the words "no replies" next to every single name on a fairly long list.

During all this, off to the side of the computer, a flashing red light started to flash its unassuming warning of another danger, there for the noticing.

Last edited:

cassius335

First Post
The news channels on smaller screens began to blip pundits discussing the mass teleportation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

OOC: Didn't the Avengers just recently copyright that? :p

The all-call continued to sound on one screen to all JLA members, active and reserve, with the words "no replies" next to every single name on a fairly long list.

IC: "Well, *&^%." Simon remarked. "Now what do we do?" Privately, he wasn't sure whether to be annoyed or grateful that they'd all been left behind... Annoying because Mongul seemingly considered them beneath his notice, grateful because it was very likely true.
At least there seem to be villans missing too. A world without the JLA would be pretty much open season otherwise.

During all this, off to the side of the computer, a flashing red light started to flash its unassuming warning of another danger, there for the noticing.

OOC: Perception of 4+2 for a total of 6. Ouch.

IC: Caught up in the severity of the situation, Simon misses the little red light completely.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
When the heroes vanished, the girl who'd been introduced as 'Echo' leapt to her feet. She was a thin, somewhat frail-looking thing...fair-skinned and white-haired and with funny silver colored eyes. She had a pretty face, good complexion and proportions...it was likely that when her body finally came to terms with its own adolescence she'd be quite good looking. For the moment though she was still a bit too tall for her frame, a bit too long of arm and leg; still growing into what she'd become. Her uniform was simple; a silver and grey bodysuit that wasn't completely skintight, but was close. It had give in the joints and shoulders...a uniform that much like she herself, was meant to be grown into. On the chest was a clockwork-gear emblem, the icon favored by recent Justice League inductee, Cyborg.

For a moment Echo held still, expecting to be transported as well. When it didn't happen she quickly looked at the monitors and screens, trying to assess the extent of what had happened. Although she felt fear, none of it escaped to her face, or colored her actions. As usual, her enhanced brain raced ahead of her all-too human heart as she formulated a plan of action.

"Someone answer that alarm," she said as she hurried to the computer console. "I'll try to find where the League was taken to."

(Trying to get access to the Hall of Justice's systems to track and/or open communication with the heroes of the League.)

Walking Dad

First Post
"Uhm, okay..." Dregg answers Echo's call for action. He would sweat if his alien body would be capable of it. Standing just in front of the big communication screen in his tight green 'jump-suit', he tries to look capable in front of the other 'sidekicks'.

"Earth Mightiest Heroes... Xenomorph answering..." He says after pushing another button....

Nothing happens!

Unconsciously he seems to shrink two inches... "Uhm, does anyone know which button we have to hit?"

Attachments

• 329596-114636-chameleon-boy_super.jpg
    329596-114636-chameleon-boy_super.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Thejoshie

First Post
Stephanie was flabergasted. Nos sign of Robin ANYWHERE.

Robin was 'Mightier' then her? You've got to be kidding. Of course, she had no powers and was a year younger (Being at 15). This was a lesser blow to her. If all her other fellow peers realized the fact of being shown up by the Teen-Wonder... there will be a riot.

With a strained "Hmmph", she walked over to the flashing light, but didn't answer it. She instead typed on the nearby keypad, looking for the site of trouble WITHOUT answering the call. As Bruce put it: NEVER jump through the skylight till you tag all potential targets, hostages and dangers.

And what's worse... Bruce isn't here. Not even Dick. I can't even remember the last time I was on my own...

Investigation check using Invisible Castle:1d20+7=22

I did this for two reasons: One, this would've been what Batman did and two, it gives people a chance to gather before things go underway.

PS, How do you want dice handled?

As the superheroes began to disappear, Wonder Girl leapt up from the couch she had been lounging in - the one closest to where Batman was standing, of course - and rushed to Wonder Woman as she was surrounded by a flash of light.

"Diana! What's going on?"

And then they were gone. Of course, she was alarmed and worried about her mentor and the rest of the Justice League... and then something the big purple alien dude had said registered in her brain.

She let out an exasperated sigh.

" 'All those of note?' What about US? Why'd we get left behind? Also, who the heck is Mongul?"

OOC: Am I using this forum's tags correctly? I just saw OOC so figured give it a go... anyway, apologies for the rather lackluster post, but still celebrating the holidays with family... when I can I'll make my posts more Annie-tastic

fireinthedust

Explorer
Dice: use the forum roller, pls.

All attempts to contact the League fail.

Looking up through the skylight, you can see a massive planet that has eclipsed the sun! It is made entirely of technology, in a futuristic-even-for-the-Legion characters way.
After a moment of staring at it, if zooms away. Those familiar with Star Trek guess Warp Speed. A planet travelling at Warp.

Batgirl: The computer is similar to the Bat computer. Checking all other avenues, you remember that the button is meant to be pressed so the computer tells you what the problem is: all data is displayed by pressing that there button.

OOC/thought bubbles. Use? Under consideration.

cassius335

First Post
OOC: Am I using this forum's tags correctly? I just saw OOC so figured give it a go...

OOC: I'm having to learn the forum as we go too, so don't worry about it... you ain't alone.

Looking up through the skylight, you can see a massive planet that has eclipsed the sun! It is made entirely of technology, in a futuristic-even-for-the-Legion characters way.
After a moment of staring at it, if zooms away. Those familiar with Star Trek guess Warp Speed. A planet travelling at Warp.

Simon whistled. "Wow, looks like the Death Star got a serious upgrade." Then he remembered the Super Laser and shuddered. "Actually, forget I just said that."

Last edited:

Thejoshie

First Post
OOC: Alrighty. Didn't know how to use the dice roller at first. Better idea now.

Stephanie ignored her peers as they gaped at the planet sized ship and whatever. Too much noise. Too much commotion. She needed to focus.

Okay... looks similar to the Cray supercomputer back at the cave. Maybe there's a link to it? I wonder if Lucius knows about this?

Stephanie pushed the red button, operating the computer to the best of her abilities... which is to say no where near the proficiency of her mentor.

OOC: Another Investigation Check (IF NEEDED). This time to look-up any background info related to whatever the emergency is.

[MENTION=11944]oth[/MENTION]ers

If I'm moving too fast, let me know and I'll slow down.

EDIT: Nat 20! Please don't let this go to waste. *Begs*

Shayuri

First Post
After trying several times to establish communications, Echo realized that it simply wasn't working. She looked up through the skylight and saw the retreating planet.

It didn't take a genius to figure out where the Justice League and the rogue's gallery had been taken.

She closed her eyes and replayed the moment that the superheroes...their mentors...had vanished, and the message that had followed.

Superman and Martian Manhunter both seemed to sense something before they vanished. Before 'Mongul' took them to 'War World' to fight, with Earth being held hostage to make sure they perform.

"Mongul is the ruler of War World," Echo replied unhelpfully to Wonder Girl. "The planet now moving away from us, we can assume. We were left behind because we didn't interest him." She paused, and added. "We're not champions, in his view, evidently."

Looking around she saw Batgirl checking the alarm. She went over to stand behind her and read the display over her shoulder.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases