Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Leif

Adventurer
The Six Million Cent DeWar

New bionic gut muscles for belly laughing, and bionic butt for fart powered jet propulsion.

The[y] spent 10 hours for a colostomy take-down and abdominal rebuild/ I have about 200 stitches and 24 staples.
That's great. I've never known of anyone who had a colostomy take-down.

Gentlemen, we have the technology. We CAN rebuild him... :)
What's this WE stuff? Maybe YOU can, but if I tried, he'd look like the crewmen who were part of the failed transport in the first Star Trek movie. Makes me glad for Docs like you, Helfdan.

Amaury

First Post
Hi, the only thing I had about it is the 1st pm that you sent to me long ago.

if you want I reply to it so you ahve it again.

but originally I believe that you gave Rose a special role. I didn't have anything in mind.

you're talking of XPs? :)
where do we find them? sorry I always get lost on this website.

Yttermayn

First Post
Hmm, ok. I have some notions of what they are, but I wonder at what sort of secret society you see Rose as likely to be a part of?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
That's great. I've never known of anyone who had a colostomy take-down.
Also known as colen re-assingment, I think.

What's this WE stuff? Maybe YOU can, .. .. .. .. .. Makes me glad for Docs like you, Helfdan.
[MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION], Are you a doctor? Was this surgery as tricky as I was told with a dirty operation done at the same time as a sterile operation?

Helfdan

First Post
Yes, I'm a doc... but don't think ill of me because of my peers.. ;) :-D

Well, I hate the use of the word 'dirty' when talking about surgery, but...

Any time you deal with bowel, the surgery is not sterile (eg bacteria are present) because intestines are supposed to have bacteria inside them.

The abdominal wall repair is supposed to be completely sterile, once you get past the skin.

Therefore, surgeons used to worry that you may contaminate the second surgery with the first one. But most surgeons now a days routinely combine those types of surgeries without complications.

(I'm not a surgeon, I'm a hematologist/oncologist. Thus I am used to tilting with chimerae, dragons, and other nasty beasties in a quixotic sort of way) :)

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks for that, Helfdan! I assume that the bill for your professional expertise will be arriving soon? Hmm, I wonder if our insurance might pay for the consult?

BTW, as a hematologist/oncologist, are you primarily concerned with treating leukemia, myeloma, and lymphoma? ** I just checked ask.com and learned that your specialty is concerned with cancers of the blood and the blood-forming organs, which is mostly the bone marrow? I wonder whether the kidneys and liver are also covered by your specialty since they filter the blood?

This goes right along with my mother-in-law being a patient at MD Anderson in Houston -- she has lymphoma (currently in remission, thankfully) and Hashimoto's Syndrome.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Hematology and medical oncology are two separate specialties, but for traditional reasons, in the US physicians choosing these fields most of the time train in both. (In Europe and Asia they are completely separate) So as a hematologist I see all kinds of diseases of the blood, including leukemia, lymphoma, etc, as well as anemia, clotting disorders, and bleeding problems (such as hemophilia). As an oncologist, I basically treat all sorts of cancer, including liver and kidney tumors, and of course the more common ones such as breast, colon, and lung cancer.

Glad to hear your mother in law is OK! It's a pretty small world, I did my heme/onc training in MD Anderson (lived in Houston for 6 years).

And don't worry, general medical questions are on the house! :-D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases