Any Living Forgotten Realms adventures good?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
In a word, yes. They're not perfect, but they're great for one-offs, and they can be good starting points for adventures.

I personally enjoyed running CORM1-1 The Black Knight of Arabel (not perfect, but multiple paths are available) and LURU2-3 Forgotten Crypts Hidden Dangers (my players liked the NPC who accompanied them and wanted to continue their adventures with her). None of them have been terrible.

Just make sure you feel free to modify them as you see fit (especially the skill challenges, most of which need help), and have fun!

Nullzone

Explorer
I'm a fan of EAST2-1: Ends and Means both tactically and because it spotlights the Underdark and the Drow/Dwarf conflict there. Though I don't much care for the confused look players of it get when they finish and find themselves infected by some mysterious disease they can't cure and don't seem to run into ever again :p

AGLA1-1: Lost Temple of the Fey Gods is also fun in the sense of the flavor of it, but has a combat encounter that is a party killer if you don't have the right build. Swarm creature, SOLO, has a charm effect that can pull people into terrain hazards...bad times all around.

TYMA2-1: Old Enemies Arise is also somewhat fun if only for the "gotcha" it pulls on the players. Encounter wise it's somewhat forgettable.

Thanlis

Explorer
EPIC 3-1 was just released; it's the best epic adventure available to date. (Given that the LFR authors have had years to learn how people use and abuse the system, this is not entirely surprising. But it's great story, too.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases