Fallen of Obsidian Twilight: Asi Magnor

Endzeitgeist

First Post
Note: If you have the Obsidian Twilight Campaign Setting, DON'T BUY THIS! It only duplicates content from that setting and can be considered a preview.
This pdf is 5 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page SRD, leaving 3 pages of content.

The pdf portrays one of the major players of the Obsidian Twilight setting, Asi Magnor is a CR 30 mummy-king with a quite complex stat-block befitting of such a big baddy. The entry comes with a short history of the villain as well as some magic items of his regalia.

While I really do like complex stat-blocks, I am not too great a crunching numbers myself. One of the things that struck me as a bit strange was the creatures speed of 25 ft., when a normal mummy has 20 feet. Oh well.
The regalia of Asi Magnor unfortunately does not live up to his cool premise and the component weapons, while featuring cool names, seemed quite weak to me or at least not befitting a CR 30 endgame villain.

Conclusion:
For not even a buck you get both a nice full-color artwork of the mummy-king as well as a nice, big stat-block. Due to the complex and interesting things that COULD have been done with such a high-CR-villain as well as the rather uninspired magic items, I'll settle for a final rating of 2.5 stars.

Remove ads