Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

[Sblock=OOC]Given what Mack is going to do, I don't see how Darius will be in front of the speeder. Suggest he retcon to target our kidnap victim, and let Mack's action be resolved first. But without the expected map I am not sure what's possible.[/sblock]

MackSmall.jpg

Mack uses the huge speeder to slam into the troopers, "Fat lot they can do to protect themselves against this thing."

Bringing to stop where they stood trying to defend the crash vehicle.

Piloting Attack (1d20+10=20, 4d6+6=24)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

possum

First Post
Well, [MENTION=85177]Dr[/MENTION]_Simon rolled higher on initiative, so I imagine that his action would have happened first. I'll rule that Mack could say "Wait, I have an idea!" right before Darius jumped out. Up to you all.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Well, @Dr _Simon rolled higher on initiative, so I imagine that his action would have happened first. I'll rule that Mack could say "Wait, I have an idea!" right before Darius jumped out. Up to you all.
This is true, he might have initiative. But to be in position to actually beat the speeder to the bad guys, he would need to delay until Mack's turn to get closer, maybe?

Honestly, since you went with group initiative, he went first due to timing of posting windows. He normally posts about 2-4 hours ahead of me.

But I am not arguing, if Dr. Simon doesn't want to change things, I am fine with that. However, I could see justification for a retcon if he wanted. ;)[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: How about we say the troopers were spread out and Mack could only target one with our speeder? Darius then lept out and targetted the other just as he was stumbling out of the wreck?
Possum said:
Thankfully, everyone had been wearing their crash webbings and are completely unharmed. They move out of their vehicle and begin to take a defensive stance around it.

"Tawgh little freks," admits Sloor with grudging respect. He gets ready to scramble out as soon as they're finished skidding back around, but Mack isn't *quite* done yet!

<Insert Mack and Darius' moves here?>

The besalisk follows suit, popping out his side of the speeder like a thousand-limbed green avalanche barrelling down on their female target!

<Can he get there without Provoking from her two guards (assuming they even survived Mack and Darius' moves, of course :))?[sblock=If so:]Or, actually, a little to her left! A clothesline sweep of his left arm right in her throat, knocking the wind out of her, just as all four arms snap shut around her like a Renda trap, holding her helpless. "TB! Cuffs!"

OOC: Pin vs Vectra: 1d20+6=23, 1d20+8=17. If she fails the opposed Grapple check, she is Pinned and cannot act until the beginning of Sloor's next turn. TB will meanwhile move in and attempt to snap a pair of binder cuffs on around her wrists. (Does he need a roll of some kind for that? If so note that she's lost any Dex bonus to her Ref defenses she might have had)).
[/sblock][sblock=if not:]<I'm therefore going to assume that she stayed back in the car, correct me if I'm wrong:
Or he tries to anyways, but he finds himself stymied by the wreckage and the developing conflict in front of the two crashed vehicle. Frek! No way through!

"I'll take care awf her!" Instead of facing her defenders head on, Sloor ziges, leapping on the now scrunched up hood of their own speeder and using *that* as a launching pad towards the white roof of the opposition's vehicle! *Bonk* the thin material dimples with the impact and Sloor rears up, both upper hands joining around the danger-red haft of his vibro mace!

OOC: Sloor wants to breach the roof so he can gain access to the Negotiator. I'm going to assume an auto-hit with 2d10+8=18 damage on the roof structure (-5 damage threshold through Devastating Attack).
Meanwhile TB does its level best to keep everyone within the field of its Vidvox scrambler. It's not as easy as it seems![/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
OOC: I'll allow it.

As Darius races out of the vehicle and hops the speeder to engage the clone trooper in the middle, Mack pilots the landspeeder straight into the clone on the edge of the car, sending him flying backwards. He lands on the duracrete road and remains still.

Darius' attack nearly knocks the clone out, but he manages to somehow remain standing.

Sloor leaps out of the speeder and tackles the spy/negotiator and manages to pin her to the ground.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Darius was effectively delaying, so I would have been happy waiting for Mack, but this is fine.

Darius focuses on the man before him, but rather than attack with his baton he throws out an open hand before him, reaching out with the Force.

[sblock=OOC]
Force Stun vs clone, 24 vs Will defence, -1 along condition track if success, plus a further -1 for every 5 points by which it beats it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: Think you jumped the gun a little there, DS. I believe it's Songdragon and then the trooper/Pinned Negotiator to complete round 1 before we get our turn again. :)

EDIT= Did TB succeed in cuffing her, Possum? It's not mentionned.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir watches with some detached interest at first as the scene seems to slow as the speeders collide and the imperials slam into the street lamp. Mack attack with a vehicle seems to put one of the enemies out of action while Sloor is all over the negotiator. Mir turns her attention to Darius and the remaining clone. From the vehicle Mir takes aim at the clone Darius is beating on and fire her blaster but at the last minute the speeder jostles the woman throwing her shot way off it's mark.

(( Aim, Attack clone with Heavy Blaster 1d20-1=1 (-4 for firing into melee is taken into account) ))

[sblock=Mir's Mini-Stats]Scout 2/ Scoundrel 1 / Soldier 1
Initiative: +9 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
Reflex: 19 Frotitude: 17 Will: 17
Hit Points: 44 of 44 Threshold: 17 Second Wind: 2 of 2 (13 HP healed)
In Hand: Heavy Blaster Pistol +3 (3d8+1)
Force Points: 7 Destiny Points: 4
Force Powers: Cloak, Mind Trick, Mind Shard, Negate Energy, Force Blast, Rebuke, Vital Transfer
Force Talents: Illusion, Force Harmony[/sblock]

possum

First Post
OOC: My computer connection, due to getting a new computer and my current internet provider is sending me a new installation disc that will work on Windows 8 (hooked up my previous computer to connect right now), is going to be a bit spotty over the next week.

TB needs to roll a grapple check to slip the cuffs on. I'll give her some penalties, due to being grappled already, but she still is struggling enough to make easily subduing her difficult

Mir's shot soars over the heads of all involved, her concern about not hitting her companions leads her aim to be dreadfully off.

The remaining clone trooper swings his blaster rifle towards Darius but misses badly with his attempt to use the rifle's butt as a club.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases