Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Hu," grunts Sloor. He keeps all of his hands well away from his weapons as he intently stares at the drinker for long, long heartbeats, waiting for him to keel over and start foaming at the mouth or something... He most emphatically *doesn't*.

"Saw much fawr that." Frankly, he's a bit disappointed -- and embarrassed as all seven forsaken hells... but let's survive this little bit right here first, alright?

Turning his attention fully on the negotiator: "Well sra, we've had this pawisaning here this mawrning - as you knaw - and I figured..." (Frek this is embarrassing. Should have let the frekker die first, would have simplified his life no end! *And* it ain't doing much for Darga's negotiating position either!) A shrug, finding his - wryly amused - center again: "I'll be sure taw wait until *after* I get prawper clearance next time." arms still up and non-threatening, but now with a slightly raised brow ridge.

<Response negotiator?>

[sblock=Path not taken]<If he does:
"Aaaah," the satisfied sound of suspicions confirmed. "TB, if you would! Med drawid," he quickly explains to the woman as the remaining guard's finger tenses on the trigger when TB starts gliding down... [/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
(Prior to the Imperials)

Mir looks to Sloor and after a moment of consideration replies, "I suppose they are not bad qualities for this type of life. But would you want your trusted adviser double dealing his way around your back? I would hate to be looking over my shoulder for my allies, when you make more than enough enemies."

(back to the throne room)

Mir takes a step forward and comments, "If someone would poison the Illustrious Darga in his own house, what is to stop them from making the attempt on guest of significance to Darga. If you were to come to harm, it would be same for Darga. It was perhaps a hasty precaution, but necessary one."

((Persuasion 1d20+4=12 Not Mir's forte, but the point is made... ))

Binder Fred

(Prior to the Imperials)
Mir looks to Sloor and after a moment of consideration replies, "I suppose they are not bad qualities for this type of life. But would you want your trusted adviser double dealing his way around your back? I would hate to be looking over my shoulder for my allies, when you make more than enough enemies."
The besalisk sputters: "*I* make mawre than enawgh enemies? Sra, I'm the friendliest spirk you're ever likely taw meet! You gawt taw be canfusing me with Mack man awver there, awr maybe Darius."

<Response Mack/Mir/Darius?>

"Besides, I'm sawrt awf thinking pawer ain't awer little guy's spice after all. Naw, what he really wants is *cantrawl* awver his bit awf things -- that and sawme frecsing *appreciatian*." Which he sure hasn't been getting from Darga...

<Response Mir?>

Mir takes a step forward and comments, "If someone would poison the Illustrious Darga in his own house, what is to stop them from making the attempt on guest of significance to Darga. If you were to come to harm, it would be same for Darga. It was perhaps a hasty precaution, but necessary one."
Sloor smiles his most scoundrely smile: "Saw, daw I get taw live?"

<Response Negotiator?>

Dr Simon

Explorer
Earlier:
The besalisk sputters: "*I* make mawre than enawgh enemies? Sra, I'm the friendliest spirk you're ever likely taw meet! You gawt taw be canfusing me with Mack man awver there, awr maybe Darius."

"My enemies make themselves," says Darius with a trace of bitterness.

Throne Room:

If Darius is surprised he tries not to let it show. Confident that he can have a weapon at hand and be at Sloor's side if needed, he stands poised in his position by Darga's throne.

possum

First Post
"It's quite all right," the Imperial embassador says. "Prior to arrival here, we were briefed on possible security issues here by Darga's majordomo. He assured us that the poisoning was likely an isolated incident but told us that there would be extra security watching in the kitchen. I imagine that even the servers are part of the security detail."

Songdragon

Explorer
(Prior to the Imperials)

"Maybe... but then, Darga is a Hutt." Mir replies with a shurg.

With Sloor out of danger for the moment the woman steps back and waits for the beaslisk to return so they continue their private aside with Darga.

Binder Fred

"Haw abawt I fetch us a sealed bawttle frawm the stawres while you spirks continue your chat? Thawght I saw a cawple mawre mandalorian Tiharrs in there last I looked..." He raises a tempting brow ridge towards the negotiator and then her lefternmost clone (the one who originally asked for a drink). "With the Nawble Awne's permission, awf cawrse."

<Response Negotiator/Darga?>

Assuming a positive, Sloor will go fetch that bottle and a few random cups. Figure it'll be marbling hard to poison anybody that way. (Only when he turns away and starts striding out is there an almost imperceptible release of muscle tension throughout his body: Frek that was a close one! That frekking carbine didn't waver a frekking bit from his center of mass that entire time!)

Keep his eyes open for anything out of sorts while he does his errand, please.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack keeps a careful eye on the imperials and Demos, his interested piqued when the negotiator mentions being properly briefed by the majordomo. He relaxes his grip on the blaster rifle and pulls his finger away from the trigger as the potential for hostilities cools down with the explanation.

He looks at Darius and whispers into his comlink, "The servers are part of the detail? Ya think?"

He takes a closer look at this other security arrangement that the Crimson Fists was not aware of.

Take 10 on Perception +10

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases