[Adventure] Artemis' Pact

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
My god, that's the worst string of rolls I've ever seen. I especially like how the two people who were assisting easily passed the full DC, but everyone else failed...

So that's still 3 successes at the end of round 2. On round 3, you'll need 5 successes for total success, or 3 for a partial success. Tough order...

Lilli takes an attack against Reflex: Attack on Lilli (1d20+7=24, 1d10+3=7) 7 hp of damage. Yes, you may use Fade Away for flavour if you want, not that there's anything attacking you.
And Karma and Gil take an area attack against Reflex: Attack on Gil and Karma (1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=9, 1d10+3=9) Hits Gil for 9 hp.

Yes, you can take a 5 min rest before continuing.
[/sblock]

Lilli's mage hand quickly removes stones from the wall and tosses them to the ground. Unfortunately she has to work entirely by vision from below, without any sense of touch to guide her, so it's hard to judge when she is tugging on a rock that's supporting others. Just as she's started to open a passage large enough to crawl through, she pulls out the wrong rock and stones shower down around her. Unlike Artemis she is unable to get out of the way in time and takes a bruising hit to the head.

Gil is having more success getting the machine working. He is momentarily stymied when he finds himself missing one last piece, but Karma's keen eyes spot a small lever sticking out of the pile of rubble. Gil slots it into place and begins to cranks. The machine's grinding teeth begin to rotate and it moves forward along the track, chewing its way through the rock. But before it's gone more than a foot, it jams tight and starts vibrating. Before Gil can react, it emits a horrible groaning sound and the teeth clash together once more, crushing the rock that was blocking it and sending a gear spinning off of its track. Gears shower out in all directions as the metal case buckles and then explodes, showering Karma and Gil with shrapnel. Karma, it turns out, is standing just out of range, but Gil is pelted with metal fragments and small chunks of stone.

The rock pile slowly begins to slump as the explosion destabilizes its base. More stones roll down towards the cavern floor. Fortunately it is collapsing slow enough that you are able to keep your feet. As the rock stops moving, you see that the opening that Artemis and Lilli started has now opened enough that you could easily climb through. Beyond is a long, straight passage heading off into the distance.

CaBaNa

First Post
sssss, ow ow ow. This is exactly why I need that AT kit. Gil pulls some of the fragments from his side, and then notices the hole in his new cape. Awe, I can't have anything nice... Oh well, great learning experience, better next time. What now?

Someone

Adventurer
What now?

raceportshardmind.png

We keep following the miniature bear-pig

JoeNotCharles

First Post
OOC: Sorry to be unclear - we're currently between rounds. I'm waiting for you to decide whether to enter that inviting new long, straight tunnel you just uncovered or go back into the maze - after that I'll tell you what the third round looks like.

To avoid metagaming like, "Well it must be bad - we got no successes!" I'll tell you that if you'd gotten successes here you'd have opened up the exact same tunnel, just without taking damage. The total successes are only counted at the end of the challenge.

FourMonos

First Post
"Wow, not the smoothest, but we got it done. Mother always said it doesn't have to be pretty to work. Great job Gil, Karma!"

[sblock=actions] Inspring word: Gil for healing surge plus: 1d6 → [1] = (1) Roll Lookup . Boy, I hope this is getting all the crap rolls out of my system... [/sblock]

After taking a short rest, re-equipping his shield, Artemis leads the way into the newly opened tunnel.

CaBaNa

First Post
Gathering up his tools, Gil thanks Artemis for the kind words, and gets ready to move into the tunnel.

With orb in hand the scholar creeps forward ever vigilant, and wary.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli sits down on a rock and sulks for 5 minutes before getting ready to go on. She doesn't feel like singing about gold.

OOC: Short rest. Plus a sulk.

[sblock=MiniStats]Lilli
Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:15, Fort: 11, Reflex: 15, Will: 15.
HP: 19/22, Bloodied:11, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 4/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions
Action Points:1
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The passage slopes very slightly downward, the near-level floor never varying or turning. There are grooves along the center of the tunner spaced to hold a cart track, but no sign of the track itself. After fifteen minutes you start to hear water dripping. Soon after that puddles appear on the floor.

Five minutes later the tunnel levels out and begins to slope upward again. The low point of the tunnel is filled with cold, calf deep water. Droplets from the ceiling into the pool echo through the passage. This area also has the first sign of damage you've seen since leaving the room with the excavator - several small rock piles protrude from the surface of the water.

Suddenly...

[sblock=OOC]
Can I have a marching order, and initiative rolls from everybody?
[/sblock]

Remove ads