Two Dozen Dangers: Diseases

Endzeitgeist

First Post
This file is 6 pages long, 1 page SRD.

This pdf contains 24 new diseases to waste away your PCs.

The DCs of the diseases range from 12 to 25, with the amount of consecutive saves needed to cure the disease ranges from 2 to 4 consecutive saves and one instance, where the disease only goes into hibernation unless cured by remove disease.

Some of the diseases are quite frankly imaginative and cool, like firefly warts (glow-in-the-dark pustules!) and while I considered some of the real-life diseases like Ebola to be cool additions to the file, e.g. Herpes (btw. the one disease that needs to be cured via magic!) or Tubercolosis rather dull, especially when compared to the rather far-out sex-change disease Tiresias.

Conclusion:
Editing and formatting were ok, I didn't notice any severe glitches. The diseases seemed balanced and were mostly hit and miss for me, with the upper hand on the hit side. Extra bonus points for including sexually transmittable diseases, a severe topic that could (or at least in my opinion should) be addressed in fantasy worlds more often. The price is once again, as per the staple of this series, very low, resulting in a good final verdict of 3.5 stars rounded down to 3 - if you need some cheap diseases with some really cool examples among some rather standard ones, this is not a bad place to search.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases