Airwalkrr's 4e Game OOC - Suspended Indefinitely

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I played in a 4e RPGA game today and got a first-hand look at the way the system works in actual play. After that I think I may make a few adjustments to the way I run combat for PBP. I believe what I would like to do is run combat one round at a time, but use team initiative. I am open to suggestions on how best to handle 4e combat in PBP. If you can link me to a game which you think handles it well I will take a look at it.

drothgery: Character looks good. Background doesn't have to be too detailed, at least as far as the setting is concerned since obviously I don't expect you to know a lot about the setting. Most fey creatures on Khareb, including elves and eladrin, settled there from Verani a long time ago. Few have ties to their cousins on the continent any more. A number of elves have settled in the Naeci Forest or live among humans.

Walking Dad: I don't know what a lot of your stuff does so I need to take a look at it before I give the okay. Staff Expertise, Stone Blood power, Leaden Transmutation power, Slimy Transmutation power, accurate staff, Comrade's Succor ritual, Simbul's Conversion ritual. I will need all of the above to look over first.

wolfattack: You are welcome to join, although by your join date and number of posts I can see you are new to the site. In my experience players like this are often lost more quickly. So I will require a more frequent level of activity before I give your spot away. I will give you 14 days of inactivity before I assume you have dropped from the game. If you participate regularly for a couple of months I will lift that restriction for you.

wolfattack

First Post
wolfattack: You are welcome to join, although by your join date and number of posts I can see you are new to the site. In my experience players like this are often lost more quickly. So I will require a more frequent level of activity before I give your spot away. I will give you 14 days of inactivity before I assume you have dropped from the game. If you participate regularly for a couple of months I will lift that restriction for you.

Its okay airwalkrr,i know how difficulty is to trust in new players.i'm in my pc everyday,so i think its not complicated for me to be present in the ''table''.
just tell me what role the group needs to be filled,and i'll do it.;)

btw,i have choosen the method 3 for atributes generation.where i can roll the dices?

wolfattack

First Post
thanks for the info drothgery :)

well,these are my rolls for the atributes. taking off the lowest dice of each roll,i have the following numbers:
15,8,12,14,10,10.now i will see what class i like more,and start building my character.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
I played in a 4e RPGA game today and got a first-hand look at the way the system works in actual play. After that I think I may make a few adjustments to the way I run combat for PBP. I believe what I would like to do is run combat one round at a time, but use team initiative. I am open to suggestions on how best to handle 4e combat in PBP. If you can link me to a game which you think handles it well I will take a look at it.

drothgery: Character looks good. Background doesn't have to be too detailed, at least as far as the setting is concerned since obviously I don't expect you to know a lot about the setting. Most fey creatures on Khareb, including elves and eladrin, settled there from Verani a long time ago. Few have ties to their cousins on the continent any more. A number of elves have settled in the Naeci Forest or live among humans.

Okay. I'm getting a kind of no-nonsense soldier vibe from how I put Lia together ("I'm just a simple archer. Okay, maybe a pretty good one. But nothing more than that.").

thanks for the info drothgery :)

well,these are my rolls for the atributes. taking off the lowest dice of each roll,i have the following numbers:
15,8,12,14,10,10.now i will see what class i like more,and start building my character.

Well, with a fighter, wizard, and ranger already I'd suggest a leader-role class (Cleric or Warlord from PH1, Shaman or Bard from PH2, Ardent or Runepriest from PH3, Artificer from the Eberron Player's Guide, the Warpriest Cleric from Heroes of the Fallen Lands, or the Sentinel Druid from Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms -- the PH2 Druid is a controller).

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yes a leader would definitely benefit the group as they generally have good healing abilities. Some paladin builds would work well for this too.

wolfattack

First Post
I think i'll choose the cleric,since airwalkrr don't have the PH2 and PH3( and i don't have the patience to explain what all these new powers do :p).anything i should know about the gods in this world? i'll start building the character today,and tomorrow i post the sheet here.

drothgery

First Post
Okay. I'm getting a kind of no-nonsense soldier vibe from how I put Lia together ("I'm just a simple archer. Okay, maybe a pretty good one. But nothing more than that.").

Following up on this, I decided to give her the Urban Elf background from PH2 to get Thievery as a class skill, and got rid of Acrobatics.

Walking Dad

First Post
Walking Dad: I don't know what a lot of your stuff does so I need to take a look at it before I give the okay. Staff Expertise, Stone Blood power, Leaden Transmutation power, Slimy Transmutation power, accurate staff, Comrade's Succor ritual, Simbul's Conversion ritual. I will need all of the above to look over first.
If you need a scan of the individual powers in question, can you PM me an e-mail address, please?
If you trust my write-up, I can do this here.
BTW, we can ignore the accurate staff and the rituals for now. Without a feat, 'accurate' implements are just overpriced implements (with a feat, they give +1 to attack rolls) and my character has no components with him to actually use his rituals.

Following up on this, I decided to give her the Urban Elf background from PH2 to get Thievery as a class skill, and got rid of Acrobatics.
Are backgrounds (as in PH2, gving a new class skill) allowed?

Last edited:

Remove ads