[LPF] The Old Alchemist

Songdragon

Explorer
Therella gathers up her weapons and reloads her crossbow. She then looks briefly about for any trouble and for the book that Sefaro claimed that the group could have.

Perception 1d20+8=17

[sblock=Therella's Status]Half-Elf Ranger 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 7 of 12
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +2
In Hand: elven curved blade +4 (1d10+4)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Aye, ye better speak, no want to end up like mister dead meat here." The dwarf says pointing at the dead henchman whose head he chopped of.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The thug puts a hand to his throat and gulps. "Um...um... there." he says pointing to a large chest in the makeshift camp.

Going over to the chest Therella sees a red leather bound worn book sitting atop the chest. It looks to be will used and atop the cover are the words "Andrax's Journal".

The dwarf not careing about old books takes a look inside the chest. And amid clothes and other personal items he finds a sack full of coins and gems.

The rest of the group searches the grounds for anything valuable but come up empty. Taking back what they can carry the group returns to Flint Tower with the journal.

At Flint Tower Andrax greets them warmly and confirms that the journal is indeed his. He tells them that they should return it to The Brotherhood of the Basilisk with his blessings and he will retire from a life of alchemy and adventure. The last thug of Sefaros' is allowed to retake up his post with Andrax and Le Jubb decides to stay at the tower a while longer to learn from the old alchemist.

The carriage ride home is dull and the party continues back to Venza in silence, not sure but with something nagging at their minds. Why did Sefaro wish to sell the book and to whom? Why didn't he kill Andrax in his sleep and take it?

There are to many questions and the answers to few. Maybe in the future you may learn something more, for now you have gold in your purse and a lust for adventure in your blood. Both which can be spent in The City of Glass.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for the abrupt end but I found out I am about 10 days behind ending this. And with all the problems EnWorld had last week I didn't have time to run the numbers. I have tonight and everyone has reached LvL 2 congrats. I will be posting up the numbers tonight. And I hope a few of you can get into the adventures starting up at the inn.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rewards for The Old Alchemist (below is for all those who finished the adventure only - Cyanslyph's will be listed after everyone elses)

Experience:

Encounter XP: 740 xp each - breakdown in first post of this thread
Time XP: LvL 1 = 84 days @ 7 XP each = XP 588
Time XP: LvL 2 = 6 days @ 11 XP each = XP 66

Total XP: 1,394 XP each

Gold:

Encounter GP: 960 gp each - breakdown in first post of this thread
Time GP: LvL 1 = 84 days @ 6 GP each = GP 504
Time GP: LvL 2 = 6 days @ 11 GP each = GP 66

Total GP: 1,530 GP each

Loot to "buy" from:

potions of cure light wounds x2 = 50gp each

Note: all other gear was misc and trades in GP for GP so not listing here. You can "spend" 100 gp for a longbow and say you got it from the thugs for fluff reasons if you wish. But there is no reason to list all the equipment out as it doesn't change the value of GP you receive for the game.

[sblock=Cyanslyph rewards]
Encounter XP = 540
Time XP = 434 (62 days @ 6 per day)
Total = 974xp

Encounter GP = 600
Time GP = 372
Total = 972gp

Not sure if he did copy a spell from one of the books if so GP to do so should come out of the above.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Two things...

One I need a Judge to sign off on all the numbers please.

@GlassEye
@Mowgli
@InVinoVeritas
[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]
@Aldern Foxglove

And two I am working on Krad's lvl up right now. @Animal did you know you need to roll in The Mystic Pearl thread to gain the MW weapons you now have listed.

And the potion of Cure Light you have listed did you buy that from the Loot or do you want to try and roll for it as well?

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases