Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Rhun

First Post
Lucien

Lucien is caught off-guard by Ali's sword crashing into Manous, and is slow to react to the presence of the insect creature.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I'll give Tabitha one more day to chime in then advance things. Looks like everybody is saving their good rolls for attacks. ;)

Scotley

Hero
Ali draws his sword in one smooth stroke and throws it at the insect. Instead of hitting the insect, the sword bounces off of Manous' armor and hits Ali in the chest, where he fumbles around with the blade before finally restraining his sword.

The creature lashes out at the nearest foe which turns out to be Malkyr. It lashes out with both claws sinking them deep into the dark elf's flesh (39 total damage) and grabbing on with a powerful grip. (Escape DC20)

Shocked by the impact of Ali's sword against his armor, Manous responds with hasty and regrettable venom as he attacks the creature: "Mon Dieu! Etes Vous un imbécile?" Unfortunately, the Paladin's attacks do not leave a mark on this strange and very dangerous foe.

OOC: Creature is AC 28. Fortitude 25, Reflex 23. Will 22 Everyone, but Manous is up. Still waiting on initiative from Tabitha. I'll try to get a map up later today.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Even Tabitha's optimism is shaken by the sight of the beast before her, and the savagery with which it attacks. Its sheer size and thick hide make it seem like her rapier is little more than a hatpin... But if the only option was retreat, well...she'd not abandon her friends.

She rushes to join the fight!

(OOC - My apologies for the weird delay...for some reason I completely lost track of this for awhile. I didn't even remember there was a fight. Ugh. My brain, or lack therof.

basically, depending on the map, she'll either try to get behind the thing to flank, or she'll close in with Feinting Trick and prepare for that next turn. I'll roll her attack without CA and we can adjust it if it turns out she can get behind it, though it'll take a miracle to hit even WITH combat advantage. :) Annnd yeah, doesn't matter.)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
basically, depending on the map, she'll either try to get behind the thing to flank, or she'll close in with Feinting Trick and prepare for that next turn. I'll roll her attack without CA and we can adjust it if it turns out she can get behind it, though it'll take a miracle to hit even WITH combat advantage. :) Annnd yeah, doesn't matter.)

OOC: Yeah miss either way. No easy way to flank. How about a move to F8?

Scotley

Hero
GM: Here is the map.

Initiative order
Ali 24
Beast 21
Tabitha 19 (action posted already)
Lucien 17
Wilhelm 15
Manous 14 (action posted already)
Malkyr 13

Attachments

• Alcove Monster.xls
    30.5 KB · Views: 80

Rhun

First Post
Lucien tosses the torch to the ground and moves past his companions. Rapier already in hand, he draws his dagger as he moves. He attempts to sweep the feet out from under the creature with his attack, but to no avail...the beast avoids his maneuver.

Move to F9, use Spinning Sweep versus Alcove Creature.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The beast is acting before Malkyr, right? I would like to see its action before deciding on his.

OOC: The beast has acted and is currently gripping Malkyr in its claws. Tabitha, Manous and Lucien have posted actions. Everyone else can act now, including Ali who goes before the beast in round two. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Remove ads