Selling some Books

GreyLord

Legend
This is an excellent point about all this that kind of irritates me. Someone buys a book, such as the 3.5 PHB years ago for a certain amount of money, let's say 29.99, or even 34.99 USD. Why then, turn around and try to sell it, a used book, for MORE than you bought it?

In instances like this, it's even blatant. Not meaning to offend the original poster, but to me, unless you bought a collectible (and I don't believe anyone really felt the PHB, DMG, or MM 3.5 was a collectible when they were out unless you got the special editions), you probably didn't get it for that in the first place.

To me, starting off selling a core book for a higher price used than when new smells almost like someone trying to rip others off of their money. I suppose it's because others are willing to pay scads of money for it.

I can't understand the willingness to pay something for that amount for a used book (I do go to used bookstores, saw one copy recently in a used bookstore for $2...but that's in the East, I hear prices are going through the roof in the West for 3.5 stuff) when there seems to be a good supply still out there.

One can even go here

Revised (v.3.5)System Reference Document

and get most of the rules for free.

For something so recently OOP, why are people selling it for such a high price, normally used...and why are people buying it for such a high price?

If people refused to pay higher prices for used books then what they sold for new, I bet the prices on 3.5 stuff would decrease and become more affordable.

Rhun

First Post
I think you guys misinterpreted the original poster, as his title was misleading. He is actually selling multiple books, I believe:

D&D Monster Manual 3.5
Occult Lore
Underdark Adventures
Empire
Tarot Magic
Artificer's Handbook
Bow & Blade
Medieval Player's Handbook
Guilds and Adventurers
Cry Havoc
Living Greyhawk Gazetteer
Bastards & Bloodlines
Guilds
Hammer & Helm
The Quintessential Dwarf

I could be wrong, but he has them listed out in the body. If this is the case, I would definitely update the ebay listing so that people knew you were selling more than one book.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I think you guys misinterpreted the original poster, as his title was misleading. He is actually selling multiple books, I believe:

D&D Monster Manual 3.5
Occult Lore
Underdark Adventures
Empire
Tarot Magic
Artificer's Handbook
Bow & Blade
Medieval Player's Handbook
Guilds and Adventurers
Cry Havoc
Living Greyhawk Gazetteer
Bastards & Bloodlines
Guilds
Hammer & Helm
The Quintessential Dwarf

I could be wrong, but he has them listed out in the body. If this is the case, I would definitely update the ebay listing so that people knew you were selling more than one book.

I noticed that too. Hard to tell due to the title. If I were to buy that lot [and I don't really know anything about most of those books] I would definitely ask and get confirmation if those other books are part of the lot before putting down a bid.

Remove ads