"Necessary Evil" IC

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Transition...]At first, Ben thought it was only exhaustion. Fighting first the super-robot, then the mutation, it was bound to take its toll, even on him. The evening after they returned to the surface, though, the fever hit. Chills, shakes, nausea. Brick didn't remember ever being sick much as a kid. He'd always been so resilient. But now, whether it was from the water or the radiation or something in that crazy barbed mutant's stingers ... he was sure of it now. Something was wrong, deep down.

It was a full day before he had the strength to make it out of his bed, starving and dehydrated. He made his way to the shower, figuring he'd clean up and get a drink all at once. But when he grabbed the door handle, he saw the gleam on his flesh. Brass, like the handle. He moved into the bathroom, staring at the metal form he'd taken on. He reached forward, as if touching the reflection might make it go away, and watched in horror as his flesh took on the reflective properties of the mirror.

Stumbling backward, he fell in the shower, and felt himself shatter. Pieces of Ben reached upward, grasping at the faucet as a handhold, but as the knob turned and water rained down, he felt himself melt, felt the pull of the drain and knew he would slide down it.

Here, finally, Ben found the will to retake some measure of control. He managed, somehow, to pull his fluid form out of the drain, the tub, forced it to rise in a column before the mirror, shape itself into the body he remembered. Then, slowly, painstakingly, he forced himself to regain the flesh and blood to which he'd been born.

Sighing in relief, he reached out to the mirror again, tentatively, and though he felt the tingle he was quickly realizing signaled his body's ability to adapt the substance as his own, he forced himself to remain a man.

The initial shock over, he began to assess those abilities he was used to. Ben was chagrined to discover his strength and normal toughness diminished. As a being of flesh he was painfully mortal now.

Over the next few days, he learned the nature of his new abilities, collected a few substances which seemed to give him a range of options: he strapped a small pouch of sand and a water bottle to his belt, changed out the buckle for one of hard steel. Then the call came, and he no longer had the luxury of experimenting without consequences. Time to face the music.[/sblock]

Ben was quiet and withdrawn when the group gathered. It was clear something troubled him. Perhaps the loss of Cybermind hit him harder than others. He wasn't sharing, though, so the real cause could be anyone's guess. Finally, as discussion of the mission turned to logistics, he shook his head, set his jaw, and spoke.

"If we need to do some scouting, I ... picked up a few new tricks after our last mission," he says. He takes a deep breath as if to speak, and closes his eyes. But instead of speaking, his body seems to disappear in a large woosh of air.

"Everybody breathes," comes Ben's voice slightly higher in the air, though he remains unseen. "So they have to have vents in that place, right?" With another blast of air, Ben re-appears.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helis mouth was agape. "What sort of sorcery is that, warrior?" he said, shocked. "What did thou done to thyself?" the second question mas driven more from curiosity than surprise.

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Do we have any details about the building or their security?” the Sorceress asks.

“In general I am in favor of causing as much damage to them as possible, while we are there, though the safety of the president should be our highest priority. But as long as we can ensure that... it doesn't hurt to send them a little message, right?”

Walking Dad

First Post
"My thoughts exactly.
The only things we know are from satellite images we were able to intercept. It just looks like a normal barrack, but with two V'sori aircraft, a M'buna and a Manta which are parked outside of the facility and guarded by six Drone warriors. No other security devices are in place around the facility, as it seems. I would advise caution, but also a fast and decisive strike.
Now go, my Omegans, and bring me the First family!"

OOC: shall I jump you forward to the holding compound?

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare

Helis mouth was agape. "What sort of sorcery is that, warrior?" he said, shocked. "What did thou done to thyself?" the second question mas driven more from curiosity than surprise.

Ben seems a bit embarrassed as he says, "Honestly? I don't know. Maybe it was whatever radiation that power core gave off, or some weird mutant infection from that spiky thing that got a jab in on the second station. Or both. All I know is, I got sick as a dog, and when it was over, all of a sudden I could take on the properties of things I touched: metal, sand, water, air. I'd been feeling kind of down that I wasn't more versatile; guess now I am. And maybe just in time."

[sblock=ooc]I'm fine with skipping ahead[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Just in time, indeed! Your newfound powers will surely prove useful in our quest to free the president and his family,” the Sorceress says.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Intriguing." Siren smiles at Ben "We shall have to investigate your limits more thoroughly later. For now we have damage to do."

OOC: Skip away. FYI, Siren's using her Illusions for this one to help hide our presence until we are ready to strike, so we should be able to get good & close.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Just a warning, Siren knows that almost all V'sori are natural telepaths. The higher ranking members tend to be stronger in this regard. If th V'sori Warlord is still there, he might be sensing the use of mental powers in his vicinity.

So, what is your plan after arrival? As predicted, you can only see the ships and six drones outside at the moment. Stack out? Infiltrate? Open assault?

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare

"I can try my new trick to sneak in the vents," Ben offers. "If I can get in and locate the president, though, I could comm link my location so that Sorceress can 'port the rest of you inside. They won't see me, but if the telepaths are on alert, they might sense me that way."

[sblock=ooc]Emma Frost's diamond form apparently blocks telepathy, so I suppose I could try statting something like that up for another material, but I'd like to avoid the math headache if possible. :) [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Unless your powers are psychic he shouldn't sense you coming. We can sense each other, so they'll be able to notice me unless I find a way to block it... Sorceress, you don't happen to know any Warding spells against detection do you?"

Siren looks around at the layout for a moment.
"Actually them noticing me may work to our advantage.. I think the best course would be a distraction while Ben sneaks in and retrieves your royal family."

OOC: And yes, I know it's not a 'royal' family, that's just how Siren's thinking of them.
Suggestion : I propse a Slight mod to Jkasons plan - Ben sneaks in while rest of us assault the base, try to cause as much damage as we can. If/when he finds them he can inform us, and Sorceress can Bampf in and teleport everybody out. If we find the warlord and think we can take him, She can come back to join the fight or rescue our butts, depending on how it goes.
Priority 1 = Rescue.
Priority 2 = Carnage.
Thoughts/modifications?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases