Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
just got out of the hospital .. .. .. again.

Ask if they have a reward program for frequent fliers. :cool:

Looks like I had reason to worry. I was written up today. :.-( The district manager said he talked to his boss about me, and that he was required to write me up. He told me not to worry about it, and that he had my back. What started the conversation is he had me cooking again because he was not confident I was where I should be. I should have had it mastered in 3 days. I think I am on day 6. Tomorrow I am expected to help train a new cook. By Saturday morning I should be ready to move on to the next stage. After our talk I was performing better. I even managed to take fewer sit down breaks. I also made time to talk to the general manager, because she had concerns she voiced to district manager. I wanted to acknowledge her concerns and address them. People skills, that's where my strengths lay. I ramble when I'm nervous, yet I was able to communicate with my bosses.

Added bonus, I flexed my managerial muscles and got one of the young crew members to wash dishes. Not only did she do it but she washed most of what was in the sinks. I only expected her to wash a few then blow it off. I was impressed. I made sure to thank her for what she had done.

Tonight was full of highs and lows. I think I made it clear I am willing and able to improve.

Scotley

Hero
Ask if they have a reward program for frequent fliers. :cool:

Looks like I had reason to worry. I was written up today. :.-( The district manager said he talked to his boss about me, and that he was required to write me up. He told me not to worry about it, and that he had my back. What started the conversation is he had me cooking again because he was not confident I was where I should be. I should have had it mastered in 3 days. I think I am on day 6. Tomorrow I am expected to help train a new cook. By Saturday morning I should be ready to move on to the next stage. After our talk I was performing better. I even managed to take fewer sit down breaks. I also made time to talk to the general manager, because she had concerns she voiced to district manager. I wanted to acknowledge her concerns and address them. People skills, that's where my strengths lay. I ramble when I'm nervous, yet I was able to communicate with my bosses.

Added bonus, I flexed my managerial muscles and got one of the young crew members to wash dishes. Not only did she do it but she washed most of what was in the sinks. I only expected her to wash a few then blow it off. I was impressed. I made sure to thank her for what she had done.

Tonight was full of highs and lows. I think I made it clear I am willing and able to improve.

Awesome. As a member of management for many years I have to tell you that employees who know how to take criticism and strive to learn from the advise we give are by far the most valuable. Every employee (and manager) makes mistakes. The ones who learn from it and try to never make the same mistake twice are the best. The ones who can't own up to their mistakes are frustrating as hell. The ones who seem to always have some crisis that makes them late or worse yet call off and who have a 100 excuses why they didn't do what they were supposed too are why what hair I have left is gray. At this point there are so many other jobs in our area, most folks would rather quit than take correction. I need 52 more caregivers willing to show up for $10 an hour (which is considered a living wage here) and I literally can't find them. I would pay more, but we get paid by the state and they only pay us so much to do what we do. That's all there is. The labor shortage is killing us. Anyway, forgive the rant. All I really intended to say is your response is exactly what managers like to see.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
They hired a new cook. It made things easier for me, or I thought so. He did the dishes as expected but got on my case, he felt incorrectly he was doing all the work. I actually did some of the other cleaning he would have been expected to do. He started yelling that he was going to get pissed. I wasn't going to take the bait. I tried to calm him down. It wasn't gonna happen. I realized he didn't see everything that happened while he was washing dishes. Did I take breaks? Yes, but I tried to get other things done. I need to talk to this guy about it. I'm not sure what do say. I don't think it's clear to him which one of us is the manager in training. He had his ideas on how things should be done and who should do them.

Rewatching all of the MCU movies in order of release as a warm up to the next movie. Up to Thor II. Got thru Iron Man III which some reason doesn't do it for me. Even the Extremis comicbook was just okay to me.

Beyond that.... almost done rewriting Tyr (of Darksun) into 3.5. Urik is possibly next.

Depression is kicking my ass. Had an "Introvesion" last night as family talked about it and other issues. Didn't make me feel any better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases