Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

I miss the DnD miniatures. The debates of what would be in the next set and what we have too much of already. The complaints of color as one readily uses the figurines with great joy.

sigh

WoTC has really messed with the hobby as far as I'm concerned.

Watched The Mechanic last night..... possibly the worst Jason Stamos movie ever.

The flip side... I began to watch Black Lagoon the Anime series. Decent series.

Still waiting for my Green lantern: Emerald Knights. At the post office but I couldn't get to the counter before it closed today. Buggers!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I miss the DnD miniatures. The debates of what would be in the next set and what we have too much of already. The complaints of color as one readily uses the figurines with great joy.

sigh

WoTC has really messed with the hobby as far as I'm concerned.

I loved some of the minis, but some of the paint jobs WERE shoddy.

One of the things I like most in plastic prepaints is when they use the medium to do things that other materials simply can't do well. So I love it when I find minis with transparencies, for instance, or that have convoluted forms that would be too weighty with metal.

(To explain, I have more than one lead dragon (or some such) that has developed a droop as the weight of the metal bends the sculpture.)

Personally, I think they got off the rails when they tried to make it collectible. I'd rather buy the minis I want to buy than have to sort through stuff I don't want. I've been buying minis since 1977- I don't NEED anymore dwarves, elves and humans. A behir, though...I wanted one of those BAAAAD.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I've been researching. Downloading and installing :p

It doesn't look like any programs except word perfect is able to read Word perfect files. You can download a 30 trial of the newest version of wordPerfect from corel. It will allow you to open word perfect 4.2 files, so if you have a version of word perfect that is older then that, you might be out of luck. In other words, as long as you had it installed on a windows machine you are good.

Luckily, if you do have word perfect 4.2 you will be able to save your work as a word (.doc) file which is good since it will allow you to open the files in open office if you don't want to set down a large sum of money to purchase windows office.

Last edited:

That's the thing about buying a computer ten years later......

Tried e-mailing some of the stuff to myself hoping to cheat the system that way but the text boxes didn't work well that way. oh well.

The worst is I have a nearly complete template list done on the old computer that gives the entire listing with-
name, source, edition CR mod, new type/result then the entire what to do and why section. Very very complete. Literally hundreds maybe even over a thousand templates entered. I have the last 30 or so from one last book but the printer is shot and I can't transfer it over.

Maybe I'll ask a few friends with medium aged computers and better printers if I slip them some money they could print it out for me.... there's a thought....

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
As long as the files are saved in a relatively common file format or were saved using a program that is popular enough that the company still produces it and maintains legacy file formats you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
insulin note. I have been able to get brave enough to inject into either bicep, either thigh and either hip. I found that because I use my stomach muscles so much, the bellyshot is actually too painful to do. I also use a 30 gauge needle.

I'll know more of the details after Monday afternoon.

I've been concerned somewhat about the stomach injections if only because I do have a rounded gut it is relatively solid. Injecting near the muscle I understand is painful. I never even thought about the needle size..... I'm twitching in unease again. :.-(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases