[OOC] The Forges of the Mountain King- 1st Level Dwarf PCs [Full]

Ressurectah

First Post
Krogan

I need to fall back.. and quickly.. With the dice going soooo good on my behalf . I need to step back from my current position. I am not at house at the moment, and will be back on thursday night. Internet here is lousy and I will try to post, but probably cant do it more than once a day.
If I am not able to post, use your colective genious to try to keep me alive :). If not... fukc it.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Well, Krogan is Prone, which means unless someone has an Ally shifting Power, he can't shift out of melee this round...

... Which means I'm likely going to step into N-93 to tighten the line.

Farewell, mighty Krogran. :/

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Well, Krogan is Prone, which means unless someone has an Ally shifting Power, he can't shift out of melee this round...

... Which means I'm likely going to step into N-93 to tighten the line.

Farewell, mighty Krogran. :/

Just to help you out for next time, there's a move action called 'crawl', you remain Prone and can move half your speed- however it provokes opportunity attacks...

Just to let you know.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Genius

Kathra has a power called Phantasmal Assault- it's an At Will Standard action vs Will (generally the lowest score for most everything- so has the best To Hit chance). It does damage and grants Combat Advantage to all.

Mardred's Essentials Rogue build is having problems getting combat advantage- he needs to be in flank, or the enemy needs to not be adjacent to any (of the enemies) allies. So the Wolf needs to be away from the Goblin, and vice-versa.

Only Kathra has a power that grants combat advantage...

Mardred gets +2 to hit (as does everyone else), and does an extra 2d8 damage once/round on a hit with Combat Advantage...

I appreciate that you folks are the other side of the globe from each other but this (alas for some) is a tactical board game version of D&D that loves 'synergy'.

I think if you want to take down the Wolf and the Goblin quickly you should perhaps persuade Kathra to keep casting Phantasmal Assault- it appears to be an absolute gem, and on a hit one of the most dangerous At Will powers I have ever seen.

In fact I would argue the most dangerous At Will I have ever seen.

The fact that the creature hit also cannot make opportunity attacks (which Big Uppity is real good at- even if he misses an adjacent ally gets a to make an attack) that's just marvelous.

To reiterate if you had hit Big Uppity with this last round Kathra (try again with your action point) then Krogan could have walked away from trouble.

If you're having problems using your powers (Mardred) then you need to post here to get people to help you out, or find ways of making CA easier.

Sorry if I'm labouring the point but this, as you are coming to comprehend, is a killer scenario.

Talk to each other people.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
The issue with 'synergy' is that the players must know each other's characters inside and out... and I'm still trying to keep everyone's name in check. Heck, I don't even know what's on our party, since two (?) PC's have died and have since been replaced.

Walking Dad

First Post
Goonalan, maybe it would be a good time to place Grim in the RG, so the others can see his capabilities?

Once the wolf is dead (what seems likely know) we should give up the wall and swarm him from all sides. This will give CA to many of us and Grim may finally use a melee power.

Walking Dad

First Post
what was the goblin hiding behind in M92? You need at least concealment to start hiding AFAIK. Grim ignores darkness and would like to do some hiding himself. Let's see who find the other first :devil:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
The issue with 'synergy' is that the players must know each other's characters inside and out... and I'm still trying to keep everyone's name in check. Heck, I don't even know what's on our party, since two (?) PC's have died and have since been replaced.

LOL

Of course your right.

But synergy starts with one guy saying- I have a problem with X, then the other guys offer solutions.

I play two PBP games, one of the players in the other game has a power which allows him to grant a Basic Attack for someone else- he rolls the other guys attack though, there's no stoppage- we don't have to wait for the other guy to step up.

I'm just terrified that in comparison this game is at times... unco-ordinated, I like that- I like that you are mad Dwarves out to bash and... whatever.

But you seem to keep getting yourself in trouble, and some of it- and I appreciate I have the ultimate hindsight, is down to the fact that you play as individuals.

I appreciate that this form of the game is difficult to play as a team, I'm sure you play in other versions of the game- round the table my players have any number of 'tried and tested' strategies.

I used to play a campaign with some guys that had never played D&D (or any other RPGs before)- it lasted 18 months, got to Level 14 or so, although it's only on hold- we may go back to it.

The cleric had a power that even on a miss granted Combat Advantage, result after the first round the Thief would usually delay till just after the Cleric.

The Wizard had a power that would gather the enemis up in one place, he used to only use it after the Fighter had got in the middle of them- the fighter then would follow up with Burst 1 then AP Burst 1 power.

I'm not saying they would do these all the time, what they did do- and this is perhaps because they had no idea what they were doing at the start is say- I have a power that does this... how do I best use it?

I particularly remember the Rogue saying that without combat advantage his turns were less interesting- from there on the other players tried to find ways to help him out.

I realise I'm a whinning bugger, and I don't do this just to piss you off. I genuinely wish I would just shut up at times but... I don't, I'm terrible at work- I get in to trouble all the time by asking stupid questions, or pointing stuff out that would be best left unsaid.

I love this game we've got going here- I'm just left cringing at times asking- why don't they...

I know... I know... I should just play the game on my own, but realise this- so far, save Big Uppity the enemies have been fairly dumb buggers, when I get to the clever ones then I'm going to be trying to kill you...

Good will to all Dwarves.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Goonalan, maybe it would be a good time to place Grim in the RG, so the others can see his capabilities?

Once the wolf is dead (what seems likely know) we should give up the wall and swarm him from all sides. This will give CA to many of us and Grim may finally use a melee power.

Feel free to add Grim to the RG.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
what was the goblin hiding behind in M92? You need at least concealment to start hiding AFAIK. Grim ignores darkness and would like to do some hiding himself. Let's see who find the other first :devil:

In particular see the example below-

STEALTH (DEXTERITY)
Armor Check Penalty
Creatures use the Stealth skill to conceal themselves from enemies, slink past guards, slip away without being noticed, and sneak up on others without being detected.

Action: The check is usually at the end of a move action, but it can be at the end of any of the creature’s actions that involve the creature moving.
Opposed Check: Against the passive Perception of each target creature present. If the creature moves more than 2 squares during the action, it takes a -5 penalty to the Stealth check. If the creature runs, the penalty is -10.
A creature can make a Stealth check against a target only if the creature has superior cover or total concealment against that target or if the creature is outside the target’s line of sight. Outside combat, the DM might allow a creature to make a Stealth check against a distracted target, even if the creature doesn’t have superior cover or total concealment and isn’t outside the target’s line of sight. The target might be focused on something in a different direction, allowing the creature to sneak around it.
Success: The creature becomes hidden from the target. Being hidden means being silent and invisible (see “Invisibility").
Remaining Hidden: The creature remains hidden as long as it meets these requirements.
Keep out of Sight: If the creature no longer has any cover or concealment from a target, it doesn’t remain hidden from the target. The creature doesn’t need superior cover, total concealment, or to stay outside line of sight, but it at least needs partial cover or partial concealment from a target to remain hidden. A hidden creature can’t use another creature as cover to remain hidden.
Keep Quiet: If the creature speaks louder than a whisper or otherwise draws attention to itself with a noise, it doesn’t remain hidden from any creature that can hear it.
Keep Still: If the creature moves more than 2 squares during an action, it must make a Stealth check to remain hidden, with a -5 penalty, or a -10 penalty if the creature runs. If any creature’s passive Perception beats the check result, it doesn’t remain hidden from that creature.
Don’t Attack: If the creature makes an attack, it doesn’t remain hidden.
Not Remaining Hidden: If the creature takes an action that causes it not to remain hidden, the creature retains the benefits of being hidden, such as combat advantage, until the action is resolved. The creature can’t become hidden again as part of that same action.
Also, if an enemy tries to enter the creature’s space, the creature doesn’t remain hidden from that enemy.

Example: After shooting a goblin with her crossbow, Keira uses acrobatic maneuver to move 4 squares through a doorway into an adjacent room. From her new position, the goblin does not have line of sight to her, so she can make a Stealth check to become hidden as part of the movement of her acrobatic maneuver. Because she moved more than 2 squares, though, she takes a -5 penalty to her Stealth check. She rolls a 12, adds her Stealth check modifier (+9) and subtracts the penalty for movement for a result of 16. Her check result is higher than the goblin’s passive Perception of 13, so she is hidden from it. The goblin moves during its turn, but Keira still has partial cover from it even after the goblin’s movement, so she remains hidden. During her next turn, Keira uses a rogue power that allows her to move 2 squares before her attack. She moves 2 squares out into the open to get a clear shot and then shoots the goblin. Because her movement and attack are both part of the action that causes her to be no longer hidden, she retains the benefit of being hidden until after the attack is resolved. She gains combat advantage and deals her Sneak Attack damage to the goblin. Keira can then use her move action to find a new position from which to make a Stealth check to become hidden again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases