WotBS WOTBS maps (adventure three and beyond) in .jpg?

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
I have .jpg format maps for the first two 4e WotBS adventures, but it seems that, starting with adventure three, they only come in pdf format. Are they available anywhere in .jpg?

This is not a huge deal, but it is slightly more convenient for me to use them in jpg format than pdf.

liggetar

First Post
For adventures 1-6, you can get the Fantasy Grounds version of the adventures, and there are lots of nice .jpg maps within. I don't remember off the top of my head how to convert a module file to a .zip, but if you search this forum, I know that there are instructions.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
It's a bit more work, but you can select each map picture (or any other picture for that matter) in the WotBS pdfs to select it. Then copy and past it into MS Paint and save as a jpg. Unless this is what you're already doing and you want to avoid it, in which case I didn't help at all.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Yes, you can do that, but you'll probably want to get rid of the circles with letters in them that tell you where the monsters start.

Eugene (the guy who put together the Fantasy Grounds files with the nicely-formatted maps for WotBS) has a video here that shows how he does this. He inspired me to do the same thing with the maps I create myself in MapTool. Useful stuff - but since he's already done it for the WotBS maps, I wouldn't bother doing it again from scratch.

John Doom

Explorer
Adventure 3 is already being hugely difficult attempting to print the maps from PDF. It appears that my adobe reader does not have the 'tile large pages' option that is apparently inherently natural in jpg. I am having to open them in Acrobat Pro (I'm just glad i'm using my job's resources to print these, or I would never have found a work-around at home), but even in doing that I've found that maps 3 and 4 in the PDF of 'EN_03_Player_BattleMaps_Act1' are pre-shrunk to fit one page.

Please please re-release these in jpg in a single resource area. I beseech thee good sirs! My ability to draw maps is so poor that printing is my only option, and my group is constantly praising ENWorld for the maps - which, in addition to story, is why one of my players already purchased Zeitgeist to run for us.

In conclusion, I beg you; release maps in jpg.

John

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Are you aware that the maps ARE available as JPGs, with the enemy starting positions erased and everything? If you go here and click on Resources, you can find the Fantasy Grounds 2 files, which contain JPG versions of all of the maps. You'll need to extract the .mod file from the ZIP, and then rename the MOD extension to ZIP, and inside you'll find what you need.

Remove ads