Interest Check: Shared creative setting

Dr Simon

Explorer
It seems like a simple enough system to implement, although does anyone know if the dice-rollers can handle the "aces" mechanic? Also may need to sidestep the card-drawing initiative mechanic for ease.

I'm unlikely to invest in the full system but if anyone has the full rules I'm open to elements from them and the various settings that may be relevant.

Insight

Adventurer
It seems like a simple enough system to implement, although does anyone know if the dice-rollers can handle the "aces" mechanic? Also may need to sidestep the card-drawing initiative mechanic for ease.

I'm unlikely to invest in the full system but if anyone has the full rules I'm open to elements from them and the various settings that may be relevant.

All I own is the Savage Worlds Explorers Edition. Can't beat it for $9.99.

Replacing the initiative system would be easy enough. You could even replicate it by rolling dice (I guess there are 13 cards for init, so I don't know how that would work mathematically). Another possibility is just roll something like 1d12 and add something to it and highest total goes first, etc.

There is a fantasy setting (probably more than one), but I'm not sure we would need it. You can very easily replicate whatever we come up with in the existing rules. The setting book(s) would be better for a campaign that needs a setting; my understanding is that we would be creating the setting for this concept.

Caim

First Post
I would be interested in this as well but I've played Savage Worlds once also. It seems pretty straight forward and something I thought of mybe playing again but the game ended as I was the only one that had time anymore.

jackslate45

First Post
I have not played any Savage Worlds, although browsing the website it seems interesting enough. However, with such a unique set up, knowledge of the game certainly would be useful.

I will try and get more information in the mean time.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Been pondering, really, but I'm still interested in giving it a go. I think Savage Worlds would work well, will probably move towards formal recruitment by the end of the week.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases