Stickey Fingers?

kmdietri

Explorer
Sticky Fingers is a 1st level.

Page 206 of the Spell Compendium

It's listed as having a Standard Action casting time, and a duration of 1 round.

Which, as far as I know means the spell is in effect until the start of the next round.

If this is the case than I don't believe it's usable. As sleight of hands requires a standard action to use, and the spell takes a Standard action to cast and only lasts until the beginning of your next turn, as per 1 round duration.

I'm thinking they may have intended it to have a 1 swift action casting time similar to several other spells in the Spell Compendium.

Any thoughts.

agrelic

First Post
How odd.. I've used that spell to great effect before, but we somehow missed that issue. Probably because the usage happened outside of combat.

I see two fixes.. the swift action that was mentioned before, or having the sleight of hand action take place as part of the casting.

Jimlock

Adventurer
SRD:
Touch Spells in Combat

Many spells have a range of touch. To use these spells, you cast the spell and then touch the subject, either in the same round or any time later.

In the same round that you cast the spell, you may also touch (or attempt to touch) the target.

You may take your move before casting the spell, after touching the target, or between casting the spell and touching the target.

You can automatically touch one friend or use the spell on yourself, but to touch an opponent, you must succeed on an attack roll.

I assume you can use this rule with Sticky Fingers without a problem...

Remove ads