Adventures in the Nentir Vale--IC

possum

First Post
Garrett looks up from his nearly empty tankard of wine, listening to the earlier portion of the conversation without speaking up. "Well, of course I'm in," the red-haired halfling finally states. He leans over the table, resting his head on his hands.

The tavern door opens and Lord Markelhay enters the room. He is tall, good looking, and dressed in fine robes befitting his station of Lord Mayor of Fallcrest; his hair is perfect. Four lackeys follow in his wake. He looks around, spots the companions, and walks over.

"Greetings, my friends," he smiles, revealing a gleaming set of teeth. "It has been reported to me that you gentlemen have been meeting with certain persons of interest to the town council. There is a movement afoot to undo the civilized harmony we have achieved here in Fallcrest; indeed in the Nentir Vale as a whole. The members of this group are, I am sorry to say, anti-progress, and work to undermine the authority of the various governments, from Winterhaven to the Harkenwold. I understand that a certain item was being transported here by a dwarf named--" he turns to one of his retainers, who steps forward and says, "Traevus, my lord."
"Ah, yes, the 'merchant dwarf'." He muses, "We have had trouble with this peddler before. No matter." He looks at the companions again. "I have it on good authority that this Traevus has hired you to retrieve the item. I will offer you double what he promised to pay you to bring it to me, instead. Just bring it to the keep at the top of the hill when you return." He flashes another dazzling smile, motions to his lackeys, and with a contemptuous look at the barkeep, leaves the alehouse.

possum

First Post
"Odd," Garrett says as the Lord Mayor and his underlings leave the tavern. The halfling looks to the rest of his compatriots. "So, a decision is needed: hand the shards to a member of a not-so-legal merchant cartel, or the rightful ruler of the township."

hero4hire

Explorer
"Odd," Garrett says as the Lord Mayor and his underlings leave the tavern. The halfling looks to the rest of his compatriots. "So, a decision is needed: hand the shards to a member of a not-so-legal merchant cartel, or the rightful ruler of the township."

Tanglebeard shook his head. "I'm not fer trustin' either one of 'em. But Traevus at least be a piss-poor liar. But I don' nah think which has to be chiseled in stone yet. I'm fer thinkin' we get the shards and then see which one turns out t'be the bigger rat."

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

"Of course we're takin' tha damn job." Grumi snatches the gold bag. "Tree hugger newt faces..." he goes on grumbling in low voice.

"Don't like tree huggers either... but how is that important in regard of elves. No all dwarfs have a bad hygiene and drink to muck, right...?"
Denaris asksasks with a wiry smile.

Tanglebeard shook his head. "I'm not fer trustin' either one of 'em. But Traevus at least be a piss-poor liar. But I don' nah think which has to be chiseled in stone yet. I'm fer thinkin' we get the shards and then see which one turns out t'be the bigger rat."

"He is right. Let's get it first before making that decision. Maybe we will even encounter someone on the road who will offer even more gold for it..."

[sblock=OOC]
please consider him always using aspect of the pouncing Lynx if I state no otherwise.
[/sblock]

possum

First Post
Garrett nods in agreement with Tanglebeard's suggestion. "Both sides want that shard, that's for sure," he says. "Let's go get it and then decide what to do with it."

hero4hire

Explorer
Denaris
"Don't like tree huggers either... but how is that important in regard of elves. No all dwarfs have a bad hygiene and drink to muck, right...?"
Denaris asks with a wiry smile.

Tanglebeard picks something out of his wild beard. He inspects it for a moment and then eats it, washing it down with some ale, leaving the frothy foam in his matted mustache. He then burps and nods in agreement. "Ayup!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I meant it to offend ye, ye pointy ear smart ass." says Grumi lifting a populated eyebrow. "On the subject that attains us, we even might find a way to preplicate this pot and sell it to both sides, fer what I care. This lord "shiny-teeth-my-slaves-shave-my-toes" gives me the spine though; I'll prefer to give the bloody thin' to the dwarf, if he is going to use it in this troll-face's detriment."

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

"In your mind, my friend, you are more a dwarf than I am an elf."
Denaris responds to the human dwarf.

[sblock=OOC]
do we use background traits? If yes, I will take Birthplace (Forest) for +2 on Perception.

please consider him always using aspect of the pouncing Lynx if I state no otherwise.
[/sblock]

Remove ads