Adventures in the Nentir Vale--IC

possum

First Post
"Yes," Garrett says as he walks along with the other members of the group, "heading back to our initial ambush site and having Denaris do his recon is very wise. I can probably see some good places to set up ambushes against us, and scout them out myself."

The companions head back to the spot where the wagon was first amushed. The ruins of a tower loom over the crossroads. Everything seems quiet...too quiet.
[sblock=OOC]Denaris roll for perception, since you are scouting the area. The group will be entering from the left side of the map. The green is grassland, the brownish part is the road. The black is the tower walls, impassible terrain. Anything with "forward slanting" lines is considered difficult terrain. There is the rubble of the tower, the two large piles of rock near the center-right, and the trees at the top right and bottom left of the map. The grid in the middle of the tower is pavement.[/sblock]

Area Map:
encounter1a.jpg

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

Denaris searches the surrounding area, taking great care to do so undetected.

[sblock=OOC]

do we use background traits? If yes, I will take Birthplace (Forest) for +2 on Perception.

please consider him always using aspect of the pouncing Lynx if I state no otherwise.

Roll is worse than my passive perception :(

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Denaris
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4 / +8 (Pouncing Lynx)
Hit Points: 26 / 26 Bloodied: 13
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
Current Aspect: Pouncing Lynx
At-Will Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Encounter Powers: Disruptive Shot, Elven Accuracy

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Taking advantage of the setting sun at his back and his earth-toned cloak on his back, Denaris creeps low to the ground toward the crumbling tower, stopping every so often to check for sounds, movement, anything. If there's anything here, it's well hidden. Denaris does detect some faint aroma in the breeze; the rank smell of goblin, perhaps?

Walking Dad

First Post
Denaris

"Not much to report. Just a faint goblin smell." Denaris says, suddenly 'appearing' near the others.

[sblock=OOC]
Is it possible to retry? My wilderness knack allows a perception check to search an area during every short rest (takes 5 min).

do we use background traits? If yes, I will take Birthplace (Forest) for +2 on Perception.

please consider him always using aspect of the pouncing Lynx if I state no otherwise.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Denaris
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4 / +8 (Pouncing Lynx)
Hit Points: 26 / 26 Bloodied: 13
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
Current Aspect: Pouncing Lynx
At-Will Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Encounter Powers: Disruptive Shot, Elven Accuracy

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

possum

First Post
Garrett walks around the area, eyes and ears surveying the area for anything, especially once Denaris reports a faint goblin smell.

Crossbow in hand, the halfling heads slowly towards the tower. It's clearly one of the places where an ambush could be set up in the area, he thinks.

hero4hire

Explorer
Tanglebeard and company didn't sneak...very well anyway. Bears don't often sneak up on people. But they did stay still and sniffed at the wind. Well Tanglebeard sniffed at the wind anyway. Bear was more interested in some jerky from Tangle's pack.

Both Garret and Tanglebeard sense they are being watched; both companions notice movement at the top of the tower ruins. Looking up, they see no creature, but there is a largish stone set atop the crumbling wall. They're not sure, but it seems that the stone had been wobbling just moments before.

Remove ads