Down memory lane

Light Knight

First Post
Curious, thought I posted this yesterday, but can't seem to find it.

Looking for someone who might remember something. From the early 80's, a puzzle dungeon/room that was in an early gaming magazine (perhaps one of the judges guild mags). It was a one room dungeon, with 1 room on each side connecting to the main. There was no combat, it was only puzzles. I remember there was a fountain in the center of the main room, with a key in the fountain. One of the side rooms had mirrors on all the walls/ceilings, and if you walked in, you would get stuck, because your opposing mirrored image would walk the opposite direction if you tried to walk out, stopping you. And the trick was to take the bowl/urn of water in the center of the room, start a fire under it, and it would boil the water, causing the mirrors to steam up.

I'd love to find this again, if there is anyone who has a clue of where I can find this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Curious, thought I posted this yesterday, but can't seem to find it.

Looking for someone who might remember something. From the early 80's, a puzzle dungeon/room that was in an early gaming magazine (perhaps one of the judges guild mags). It was a one room dungeon, with 1 room on each side connecting to the main. There was no combat, it was only puzzles. I remember there was a fountain in the center of the main room, with a key in the fountain. One of the side rooms had mirrors on all the walls/ceilings, and if you walked in, you would get stuck, because your opposing mirrored image would walk the opposite direction if you tried to walk out, stopping you. And the trick was to take the bowl/urn of water in the center of the room, start a fire under it, and it would boil the water, causing the mirrors to steam up.

I'd love to find this again, if there is anyone who has a clue of where I can find this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
This sounds awfully familiar. Unfortunately I had to sell off my gaming mags some years ago so can't check them. I know that Sorcerer's Apprentice (the T&T zine) did this sort of thing, so that's a possibility.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as doubting you. I just meant that this sounds like it would also be a cool scene for a text adventure game (puzzle focused, no monsters, manipulate objects in a creative way).

Light Knight

First Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as doubting you. I just meant that this sounds like it would also be a cool scene for a text adventure game (puzzle focused, no monsters, manipulate objects in a creative way).

You didnt :) Sorry my response made you feel that way!

WereSteve

First Post
I vaguely seem to remember an article from way back when discussing some sort of tesseract dungeon if this is what you are thinking of; although, I do not recall where the article first appeared.

Hussar

Legend
I remember seeing the tesseract dungeon in one of the Best of The Dragon anthologies way, way back. Very cool idea.

Remove ads