• 8 potions, some used (Buckthorn)

o Black Dragon Breath
o Kruthik Potion (sp?)
o Fire Resistance
o Resist Psychic Damage
• 3 arcane ritual scrolls (Nar-Heru)
• Long Sword of Terror +3 (Forge)
Summary:
Total Monetary Treasure: (1758gp equiv.)

8pp
880gp
500sp
2800cp

Gems:

6 - Pearls 60gp ea.
2 - Pearls 100gp ea
30 - Gems 50gp ea.
4 Big Gems
50 Small Gems
1 Moonstone

PLUS

The wizard opens the chest:

15 days, rations
3 potions, healing
500 in arcane components
500 in healing/nature components

Scrolls:

--raise dead
--remove affliction

AND

--linked portal

And again, all pearls worth 100 gp.

PLUS PLUS: the bag with the female spirit held:

1000 sp
600 gp
10 pp

ALSO NOTE: currently Forge has both the bag of holding and heward's handy haversack. AND the mummy eye gem

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
So, adding in the new coins from the female spirit:

Total Monetary Treasure: (3458gp equiv.) = 691gp 6sp each

18pp/5 = 3pp each 3 leftover
1480gp = 296gp
1500sp = 300sp
2800cp = 560cp

Gems:

6 - Pearls 60gp ea. = 3 of us
2 - Pearls 100gp ea = 2 of us
30 - Gems 50gp ea. = 6 ea
4 Big Gems = 4 of us
50 Small Gems, 1 Moonstone 1 Jade = 1 of us
So, if everyone records:

3pp
296gp
300sp
560cp

2 60 go pearls OR 1 100 gp pearl (I will take 1 100)
6 60gp gems.

1 of Emerald, Opal, Peridot, Large Pearl or the (50 small gems, jade, moonstone, and 3 pp) (I'll take the large pearl)

Has the group ever had a shared treasure policy for leftovers? Something for buying raise dead scrolls, wagons, or other shared expenses?

Last edited:

ecayford

First Post
I was just getting on this to see if anyone had the time or energy to do this! Thanks.

No policy that I'm aware of. Seems like a good idea. Or an investment in a profit making business.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You missed a piece of jade, with the moonstone.

The quite large emerald, opal, peridot, and pearl are certainly worth more then the other, non-magic, treasure, (but the big money is the magic items). Hundreds of gold each.

To maintain our sanity, lets say 1 big gem is worth about as much as the remaining 50 small gems, jade, moonstone, and 3 pp.

And, your sure you want Forge to have both the bag of holding and haversack?

Also, how are you dividing the components? Or scrolls?

dyermaker001

Explorer
To maintain our sanity, lets say 1 big gem is worth about as much as the remaining 50 small gems, jade, moonstone, and 3 pp.

Great. Edit above to reflect an even distribution.

For the scrolls, I have recorded them all up to this point, but anyone can use them. Any interest in splitting them up? Perhaps we should let someone else carry the haversack, maybe Ghen?

kaltfeuer

First Post
Division

We'll take the healing components from the chest unless someone says anything.

For simplicity, could we just sell stuff (gems, magic) we're not keeping, and divide up the gp total?

We think ... ok, I think (Shayera disagrees) that we should keep the potions - at least the resistances - and maybe the dragon's breath.

We don't mind carrying the haversack, do we? No, we agree that we don't mind.

Would it be simpler to use the Remove Affliction scroll to restore Forge to his normal vigor, or to seek arrangements within the city? Perhaps the more accurate question would be: Which is cheaper, the cost of said scroll or the cost of services in the city?

ecayford

First Post
Wouldn't it be better to keep the scroll just in case we get hit again?

As we travel back to Watercross, you gather that Forge's short term goals are getting a transfer enchantment ritual to transfer the enchantment from the new sword to his axe, get the curse removed and stock up on other supplies like healing potions.

Long term goals are accumulating fame and fortune. He wants to eventually return to his clan a rich and famous dwarf and take over leadership from his goodie-two shoes older brother.

I know it was legacy of death, part 1 so I assume there is something in store for us but it might be helpful for us to get a sense of motivations so we don't run into another situation where we have trouble reaching a decision on what we should do as a party. I regret not pushing more for gathering owl bear eggs and exploring the mines!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Buckthorn has the potions. I guess Ghen could trade his mace for them, but I wouldnt advise it.

Forge is welcome to work on his motivation.

I will be touch by email.

kaltfeuer

First Post
Past Present Future

We should have clarified - I think we (the party) should keep the potions, not sell them. We do not need to keep them personally. If Buckthorn has them, that's fine with us.

If Forge wishes to seek alternative methods of curing his ills. that's fine with us.

Indeed, we could also make use of a transfer enchantment ritual. The mace is nice, but it's powers would better suit us in a different fashion. It does, however, make a nice implement. That would accommodate our short term motivations.

Our long term goals would include the destruction of all giants and undead. Clearly, giants will have treasure and their downfall will bring fame and glory, so their destruction should help with Forge's aims, as well. We wish to see all giants stripped of everything they hold dear. We want them to watch as the lives of their fellows are snuffed out in front of them.

Remove ads