[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna and Teq Oola

Arianna sets down her backpack and pulls out her whetstone. Using it for a nail file, she sharpens her claws while circling the poor acolyte. Occasionally, she draws against the grain, to get the maximum screech from the stone.

"We seek your master who ordered the theft and the one who did the actual stealing of the little ones cards. These were not your crimes, and you shouldn't have to pay the ultimate price for their sins."

"Why not! Those who raise the dead should sleep with them."

"Hey now, We need to give him a chance to live. But that chance has to have a price."

Going over to the bag of loot collected, Arianna pulls forth the acolyte's holy symbol by its chain. "This is a magnificent piece of jewelry. Too bad you were not up to its quality." Pulling off her necklace that she made in the woods, "This is more fitting for you." Placing it around the acolyte's neck and tightening the slip knot so it is snug around his neck. "Rotting Pugwampi and Kobold ears. That is what you deserve!"

Arianna goes back to her pack and draws out a long dagger, sharpening it on the whetstone as well.

"The luck of your life seems to be draining away. Now would be the time to conserve the last bit you have and tell us what we want to know, for the storm's fury is coming." "Where is you master
Emerous and the thief?"

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling moves in tiefling and merewoman and talks in a calm gentle voice, while grasping one of the groups new treasures to aid her, "Now, now. Listen good Sir. If you cooperate with these goodly folk here, I guarantee that you will not be hurt. You want to help yourself here..."

(( Diplomacy 1d20+9=24 ))

[sblock=Qik for XP]When doing xp... Saranna counts as a 2nd level character throughout the entire mod. She was a replacment character that should have been that level, but kept lower to play. I have talked to Glass Eye on the matter and you can PM him about it if you have any questions. [/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC on XP]Got it, but that unfortunately mucks up the situation for Relic and Daylily. Should you guys have been 3rd level from the beginning?[/sblock]

If the man looked worried at Thuvian's words, he looked positively terrified at Arianna's, and his expression moved towards one of confoundment, albeit with a tinge of relief, at Saranna's. Finally, he screams, "Look, I know little! I am relatively new to the order, and they tell one little beyond what they deem them worthy to know." At this last bit, he looks crestfallen; Arianna's reminder of his failing clearly cut deep. Taking in a deep breath, he continues. "Emerous had taken me under his wing only a short time ago; I was more his protege than a full-fledged member of the order." The man stares out the window for a moment, obviously wrestling with something; finally, he relents. "They'll kill me for this you know....but it's of little use: my life was as an Ear, and that life died today." Looking down at his hands, he looks up at Arianna sadly. "You should have killed me...."

"Emerous left to travel somewhere; somewhere far away. I know little about the location, but I do know that it is largely inaccessible by normal means; he had to use a magical gate to get there. One built by celestials," he adds with a sneer. "In any event, this place is newly discovered, and seems to be a fantastic place, in which other facets of reality are nigh at hand. The primary impetus to steal the gnome's deck, and other objects like it, came from a desire to learn more about this place before we traveled there. Although the gnome's deck for the most part refused to give up its secrets, Emerous was able to learn enough through other means to decide it was worth making the trip. There, that's all I know...it's all I can give you." The man stares off into the distance, forlorn.

Meanwhile, the eyes of one Phedilo Crea seem to carry a very different set of emotions: namely, fascination and greed. Staring at the man's holy symbol, still in Arianna's claw, he says, "My word....that is *quite* an object you have there. May, may I hold it, please?"

Systole

First Post
OOC: Daylily had 3381 to start, so he was 3rd level all the way. If memory serves, he was ~200 xp ahead of Relic, so Relic would have hit 3rd after the first fight.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I am puzzled at how your life was all about being an Ear when you weren't even one yet. Surely you did something before stumbling upon this Emerous." Thuvian is genuinely puzzled at the way the man was boxing in his future options.

Qik

First Post
The man glares at Arianna. "I don't remember, beyond the fact that it's name was in celestial. I find that trash of a language distasteful, so it doesn't stick in my mind."
[sblock=Knowledge (Geography or Local) DC 25]Either through you're extensive study of geography or you knowledge of recent gossip, you're aware of an island to the north, Illi Esse, that fits the man's description: it's remote, it's unusually attached to the other planes, and it's name is celestial in origin.[/sblock]
The man's scowl deepens at Thuvian's comments. "If you must know, I was a cleric of Issolatha; it was Emerous who introduced me to the true teachings of the Whisperer."

Phedilo, meanwhile, is completely in awe of the object he holds. "This is a remarkable piece - I've never seen such a holy symbol before. And to think, I know beyond a doubt that it belonged to the Ears!" Looking up at Arianna and the others, he says, "What do you plan to do with this? Would you sell it?" After a moment's hesitation and study, he exclaims, "I'll give you 1850 pieces of gold for it!" Vestovian looks sickened at this bidding on his holy symbol, but says nothing; it's obvious he is a defeated man.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"What teachings exactly did Emerous open your eyes to? What are his intentions with the celestial city? Also, if the cards refused to give up their secrets, but other things were less stubborn, why did he still need the cards? As the halfling said, you are not guilty of stealing the cards, and if you help us understand your position, perhaps we can offer a point of view that would not have occurred to you." At this point, Thuvian is genuinely curious to hear the full story.

Systole

First Post
Daylily finds himself growing more appalled and irritated. He stands up and points a finger at Phidelo, his knuckles white on the haft of his earthbreaker. "You, fats merchant! I wish no more of your speakings of yellow metals! Is disrespect of conquering of enemy."

He glares at the rest of the group. "The green man ask for death many time, and instead we tying him up, like squealing animal. Is this honor? Is this civilization? He should have the clean dying. That is smallest thing a warrior must gives to the enemy."

He unbuckles the dagger from his belt and tosses the scabbard on the floor at the captive's feet, then he goes to the door. The barbarian spares a final disapproving glance at Arianna, "You is forget the face of your Mother, Snake Daughter," he says. And to Thuvian he adds, "And your father, Dark Child."

"I am go downstairs," he announces, and walks out, closing the door behind him.

OOC: Please don't think I'm unhappy as a player here; Daylily is finding this whole thing too civilized.

Qik

First Post
Vestovian doesn't hesitate for a second: no sooner has Daylily's dagger landed at his feet than he grabs it, unsheathes the blade, and runs it quickly and deeply across his throat. Before the others can blink, he breathes he's breathing his last breath.

OOC: I appreciate the clarification, Sys; I'm not surprised to see Daylily getting fed up at this point.

Remove ads