HM's Skull & Shackles AP-OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
When the game starts you will be taking a job on from a noble - so your character may know some or all the other PCs who are there.

What I do need is for you to put a nationality in on your character sheet (sorry not use to the world myself) to tell where the "human" is from.

HM

sunshadow21

Explorer
So are we starting out with gear for this first part? And where region and city wise are we starting? As for knowing the others, Lightning has been drifting around the ships, shipyards and docks of the local area for a couple of years at this point, slowly mastering his wild temperment.

Kaodi

Hero
I added both an ethnicity (Chelaxian) and a nationality (Sodden Lands) to my character sheet.

Also, it is a pretty sad party of pirates when the ninja (the ninja!) has by far the highest charisma.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sounds piratey (is this a word) to me. :p

The first adventure is not part of the AP but is filler for both time and to gain a LVL. I figure being 2nd lvl to start the AP won't hurt and it will give you all a little more of a bond as a (low CHA) group. So yes you will have all equipment and perhaps Lightning was recruited because he knows the area.

I do wish for one of the party members to be this noble's hirelings to start. To ID the bodies if necessary.

HM

ghostcat

First Post
Firstly thanks to Fenris for offering to step aside and many thanks to HM for making unnecessary.

It would appear that I am running behind the rest of you. So here is the draft background.I hope to have the crunch in the RG later to day. If not in the next day or so.

[sblock=Kalir Longstrider]Kalir has always be extraordinary curious. As a child this lead him into a love of poking about in places he is not supposed to be and finding old things. This in turn meant that, despite having a good home with middle class halfling parents who love him, he was always wondering off and associating with the outcasts and outlaws who live on the edges of society. Which in turn resulting in a disregard for the concept of ownership. So he didn't particularly care whether or not the things he found were actually lost.

This behaviour could easily have lead Kalir into a life of crime but as luck would have it, his uncle worked as a handyman at the local university. Uncle Aloysius was friends with just about everyone at the university, administrators, professors and students alike. So when he told the head of the archaeology department about his wayward nephew, the academic immediately saw a way to tap the young halfling's potential. Kalir was promptly recruited, trained and dispatched as a procurer of antiquities. Before he was set loose, Kalir was given detailed guidelines as to what is owned and what is free for the taking. Professor Carthalys was not convinced that this part of the training had actually taken but at least the university had covered itself.[/sblock]
As for where he is from. Perhaps a large seaport so that some of the undesirables he associated with where pirates.

kinem

Adventurer
I'm not very familiar with Golorian, but I expect that Jabe Cooper is local to whatever town we start out in. His family line consists of laborers, merchants, dockhands, and presumably, barrel makers.

Jabe spent time in jail, so he might know some of the same people that Nightstorm knows. Such convicts could include pirates, so Jaakali and Kalir could be known in the same circles. They all keep an ear out for rumors of pirate treasure - in Kalir's case, for archeological value, of course.

Anyone who's spent time near the docks - which includes all of us I think - surely knows of Lightning Thunderval, the blue man, and of Reiko, the lady prize fighter.

BTW, I will be on vacation from Tues 9/13 through Sun 9/25. I might have internet access Tues & Weds but after that not until I return.

Kaodi

Hero
Depending on how scrupulous the noble we are working for is, it is entirely possible that Nightstorm would have done jobs for him before. A ninja, after all, is a spy and assassin traditionally, and usually employed by the nobility.

Also, even if someone is going to be away for a couple weeks, I urge us to not delay the game. It seems around here that all to often " delay " equals " die " .

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not my games, ;)

Since it looks like we are about ready we will start with some RPing for a chance to get into character.

Might have the ninja be the hireling unless someone else finds a better fit.

Look for an IC - TUE/WED and the game is Shipyard Rats.

HM

Insight

Adventurer
The relevant background info for Reiko:

1. Reiko appears to be of Tienese descent, but may be a half-breed, the other half coming from somewhere in the Inner Sea region (possibly Varisia).
  2. Reiko fights on the docks and in dockside warehouses of whatever city in which the game starts. She is fairly well-known for this, being female and not wearing armor or using much in the way of weapons. Reiko is not undefeated, but is pretty good by most standards.

I will have a little more than this on her RG entry, but she really doesn't talk about her past much. The above is about all you would get out of her.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases