Superearths?

Janx

Hero
Interesting astronomical find:

Potential Superearths

but when can we send a probe or colonization team to these planets? Math is cool and all, but we haven't got any actual photos of these things. Granted, math worked out for folks who calculated that Sol should have certain planets and were later observed by astronomers who did the math and verified the planet.

I can certainly see a sci-fi short story out of this. Man's in a rush to get off planet, so it sends colonization ships to these stars. perhaps not telling the passengers that the planet was not confirmed, merely calculated. So they get there, and discover the math was wrong and there's no planet.

hopeless

Adventurer
Or worse still is actually inhabited by something that considers humanity a food source...

And as for getting there, they should at least plan a way for hatever they send to be able to return after all without suitable communication it would take generations for anny news regarding whats found there!

Jack7

First Post
Worse than that: its artificial...:eek:

And if barrel shaped, it could be Dyson Beer!

but when can we send a probe or colonization team to these planets? Math is cool and all, but we haven't got any actual photos of these things. Granted, math worked out for folks who calculated that Sol should have certain planets and were later observed by astronomers who did the math and verified the planet.

I can certainly see a sci-fi short story out of this.

I doubt we'll be investigating any of these bodies up close anytime soon.

I was thinking that for SETI though we might be able to develop better search parameters as to where we might aim our efforts.

I hadn't even thought of a sci-fi story out of this yet, but I kinda like your idea about getting there and the planet is a no show.

But perhaps when the crew gets there they might find something far more interesting than a planet has caused the detection anomalies.

Remove ads