Do you have a "small superpower"?

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I have never had a visible bruise. No matter how hard I get hit, or where, I don't bruise. No matter how much it may hurt, there's no mark.

I have remarkable situational and body-position awareness. I can move through a crowd of people like a ghost. It gets humorously frustrating sometimes when I'm with someone and we want to cross a crowded area, and they stutter and hesitate trying to find a way through. I zip right on across, then turn and look back at the other person weaving and bumping around the crowd like they're in a pinball machine.

Bullgrit

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have never had a visible bruise. No matter how hard I get hit, or where, I don't bruise. No matter how much it may hurt, there's no mark.

Me either! And I've had plenty of experience- mostly in college- when playing sports and drinking in excess to have gotten bruise-worthy injuries. Almost nonpost-surgical swelling, either.

And speaking of drinking to excess...I don't get hangovers. Or puke for any reason- drinking, illness, I just don't.

I'm also seemingly immune to cholesterol. My numbers just sit dead center of the ideal range, regardless of diet. (Salt is my kryptonite, though.)

Maybe there's something to this Craptonian stuff.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I'm also seemingly immune to cholesterol. My numbers just sit dead center of the ideal range, regardless of diet
Well, high cholesterol is not bad, despite what the statin makers and general doctors tell you. There is no correlation with high cholesterol and atherosclerosis. Funny thing people don't know, a body produces 80% of its cholesterol and will regulate cholesterol production when more is consumed. And saturated fats have no correlation with cholesterol fwiw.

Janx

Hero
Not a real power, but once I convinced somebody I had ESP.

A friend had come over, and on some lark, he had bought a deck of those ESP testing cards (the ones with a circle, waves, square, triangle).

I think my wife tried it first, to statistically average results.

Then i tried it. About 2 cards in, I noticed that I could see the card faces reflected in my friend's glasses.

So, I started "dialing it in" and would nail 4/5 cards on purpose, throwing a few mistakes in, so it wouldn't be as blatant.

When he reached the end of the deck, he was in awe.

I've also made another friend run out to check out the "damage" to his Mustang. Twice.

It's rather odd. People will suspect me of trickery when I'm not involved (understandable), and then totally fall for it when I'm pulling their leg.

wolff96

First Post
Stoplights know me. They love me.

And they long to shed their reddish glow upon me for as long as possible.

It's uncanny. Kind of like the rain god from Hitchhiker's Guide... I'm the deity of red lights.

Gulla

Adventurer
I have one. Most of the time. It is "Dad is driving" giving mostly green lights, a gap in traffic when i reach a crossing and always a free parking spot close to wherever I'm going.

Unless I count on it, then it fails me :(

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Stoplights know me. They love me.

And they long to shed their reddish glow upon me for as long as possible.

It's uncanny. Kind of like the rain god from Hitchhiker's Guide... I'm the deity of red lights.

I have one. Most of the time. It is "Dad is driving" giving mostly green lights...

The answer: both of you live in the same town, and your paths keep crossing.

Villano

First Post
I'm hyperflexible. This means some of my joints bend way more than the average person (sometimes in the opposite direction), especially my fingers and legs. My chiropractor has to really twist me around to get anything to crack.

Normally, people just refer to it as "double-jointed", but I prefer "hyperflexiblity" because it sounds like a superpower. :)

On the downside, both my knees have a habit of randomly dislocating. I have to pop them back in (you can actually hear the "clunk" from a few feet away). Hurts like hell.

Nagol

Unimportant
I'm hyperflexible. This means some of my joints bend way more than the average person (sometimes in the opposite direction), especially my fingers and legs. My chiropractor has to really twist me around to get anything to crack.

Normally, people just refer to it as "double-jointed", but I prefer "hyperflexiblity" because it sounds like a superpower. :)

On the downside, both my knees have a habit of randomly dislocating. I have to pop them back in (you can actually hear the "clunk" from a few feet away). Hurts like hell.

I have that one as well; in addition to losing a kneecap in random conditions (including walking across a carpeted floor), I've dislocated pretty much every joint capabile of coming apart.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases