The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll make an area attack. For this I need a map or a rough idea of where is each gnoll group. I made an example map, see if you like it, and if not, move the tokens around until you see what you want. The map link is here. Scroll to the left to see the legend.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot grins and rises his hands, as if lifting something heavy. From beneath one of the gnolls, a massive amount of tiny spiders make their way through the earth, and start climbing on the gnoll, biting and injecting poison in it's blood. The hobgoblin then produces a set of long curved red claws and grins again, bloodlust in his eyes.

OOC: Summoning Spider Swarm on Gnoll 12, he suffers 6 damage and poison effects. The swarm will continue to damage him, and will switch to the next available target. If it chooses an ally, dismiss it.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos' lizard tongue flickers. As the gnolls attempt to pass his tentacles lash out. He'll continue to bite and lash at the gnolls when he is able to do so.

[sblock=Actions]Standard bite
Free tentacle (x2)
Free AoO w/ both tentacles (tentacles have 10 ft. reach)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [18 AC w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: spear
Current Conditions in Effect: Barkskin (+2 na)

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Ok. That makes up for my previous horrible rolls. Also google is messing with me; I can't see the map. DT, just assign my damages wherever makes sense. Thanks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The gnolls pull up from their run and contend with Arkos' attack, nimbly dodging away. They break up, three gnolls each attacking Arkos, Tak, Nerin and Lealani. At the same time they seem unaware of Sarpot and Mellisande.

OOC: I'm going to roll once for the initiative of all the gnolls. They are all attacking in melee. I need each player to declare actions, roll for init, and make any necessary combat rolls. These gnolls lack shields and have an AC of 13. Arkos, you get an AoO on each of the three gnolls trying to move past your tentacles to strike at you.

OOC: Okay, sorry to be lame, but you want an initiative roll and one action in response to attacks by gnolls, is that right?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lealani notes the three gnolls heading for her. Calmly she shuts her eyes, opens her arms, palms up to the heavens, and prays silently. A moment passes then slowly large, beautiful, shimmering wings unfold from nowhere. The wings are translucent and look delicate. Lealani opens her eyes and before the gnolls get to her she gracefully flies up to the roof of the building they just exited.

OOC: She will use just one 1st level spell to fly up to the roof. Info about celestial wings here at my character sheet. Lealani Hopefully I did that right! Let me know if I did too much in one round. It's a standard action to activate the wings.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin draws his make-shift sword and waits, patiently but ready. He calmly stands with his companions as the slavering gnolls close. He calls out to them in warning "Turn back or be destroyed!". he knows they will not heed him but feels compelled to offer the warning. As they close though, Nerin steps to meet them and swings his sword biting deep into the belly of a gnoll as it raised it's club.

OOC: Rolled the cleave attempt in case the first attack dropped the gnoll

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Round 1

Init:
Lealani: 22
Arkos: 21
Nerin: 16
Gnolls: 12
Tak: 6
Mellisande: ?
Sarpot: ?

Lealani surprises her attackers by sprouting wings and landing atop of the remnants of the shattered roof before they can close the final few feet to her. Without her as a target, they move to attack Tak instead.

Arkos' tentacles and jaws lash out in a flurry of violence and blood. Two of his assailants are ripped apart before they can close with him, while a third is struck with a tentacle with such force that the gnoll's head is whipped back, causing him to fall into a dazed stupor that his mind never clears from as Arkos' jaws lock upon his face and drops him. Lacking in victims, Arkos sends one last tentacle at a gnoll attacking Tak, chopping the gnoll's forehead hard enough to crush it.

Nerin is no less deadly, his crude sword whipping forward with deadly speed and force, catching a gnoll attacker as it raised a club to strike him. The swing gutted the warrior from abdomen to shoulder, then Nerin followed through with a straight thrust that buried itself cleanly into the solar plexus of another would be attacker. And just that quickly the number of gnolls were reduced by two more.

Not noticing that their numbers had been halved, the surviving gnolls continued their attacks; one striking at Nerin while the rest hacked at Tak. The old flind warrior falls underneath their savage blows, as the gnolls giggle horribly and continue to strike his prone body.

Sarpot's summoned swarm rises up from the depths of the ruined building and climb upon the gnoll attacking Nerin, causing him to scream as their tiny bites multiply. The gnoll still stands, and resists the poison coursing through his veins.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande pops up out of the bushes and glares murderously at the gnolls abusing Tak's fallen body. She clasps her hands together to make a kind of makeshift tube, then says, "You guys look like a bunch of bullies to me. I hate bullies."

Then she blew into her hands...and out from the other end erupted a seething tsunami of glittering crystalline flakes. They surged and sailed, borne on a crazy wind but managing to miss everything but their targets... When they reached Tak the rain of tiny diamonds burst outward in a flash of blinding brilliance!

(OOC Glitterdust on the gnolls attacking Tak. Will save DC 18 or be blinded for 5 rounds.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases